Today we are going to see a very simple recipe for sweet lovers: White chocolate custard recipe. Custard is a cream made from eggs, very creamy and smooth. Custard can be made in almost any flavor. Remember that in the kitchen we have to have imagination. And try new things.
It is very easy to make and you will have a traditional dessert, but with the touch of white chocolate (they are not just any custard).
You will see that they have nothing to do with industrial custard.
Homemade white chocolate custard
This recipe for homemade custard is very easy, it won’t take you long to make and you need very few ingredients. So I encourage you to try making it. Let’s take a look at the recipe:
White chocolate custard recipe
- 3 Cup Milk
- 3 Tbsp Whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 1 Cup White chocolate (cut into pieces)
- Vanilla essence
- 1 handful To tasteRed berries To taste
- The first thing we are going to do is to separate 1/2 Cup of milk in a glass, where we will dissolve the flour. (It is very important that there are no lumps).3 Cup Milk, 2 Tbsp Flour
- In a saucepan we are going to add the rest of the milk together with the cream. Add a few drops of vanilla essence. Bring it to a boil over medium heat. Once it boils, remove from the heat and set aside. Let it stand.3 Cup Milk, 3 Tbsp Whipping cream, Vanilla essence
- Now in the reserved glass of milk, where we had dissolved the flour, we also add the sugar. Mix it well until the sugar is dissolved, once it is all integrated, add it to the casserole with the rest of the milk.3 Tbsp Sugar
- Put the pan again, now with the sugar and the flour, on the fire. And bring it to a boil again over medium heat. At this point do not stop stirring gently with a whisk. So that it does not burn. Once it starts to boil, add the chocolate pieces and keep stirring until it dissolves.1 Cup White chocolate
- Keep stirring until it has the desired consistency. Once it has the thickness you prefer (if you like them lighter, remove them before the time, and if you prefer them thicker, cook them for longer). Serve in bowls or cups for individual servings. Let them cool at room temperature, and when they are no longer hot, put them in the refrigerator until they are completely cooled.Your custard is ready. Before serving, you can decorate them with red fruits of your choice, or if you prefer, with the traditional cookie on top and a little cinnamon.1 handful To tasteRed berries
When you have your homemade custard ready, you can decorate it as we have done in the recipe, with a few berries. The acidic combination of the red berries is great with the sweetness of the white chocolate. But they will also look great with a little whipped cream, with any syrup of your choice, or with cookies.
This dessert is typical of many gastronomies around the world. Although we do not know its exact origin, the most widespread version says that it originated in the convents of Europe. Specifically, in the French pastries of the Renaissance.
It is, without a doubt, a safe bet if you want to succeed with your guests. Or, to prepare a simple and healthy dessert for your family.
If you want to see other delicious desserts, don’t miss the Chocolate and Walnut Brownie, or the classic Lemon Bars.
If you liked this white chocolate custard recipe, remember to leave your comments, ideas, opinions… We love to read you! And remember to follow us on Twitter and Instagram to keep up to date with all our posts.