Brownies are small cakes, similar to sponge cakes but without yeast, very crunchy on the outside but very tender on the inside. And although there are a thousand ways to make them, the most typical ones are the ones we are going to see today: chocolate and nut brownie recipe. You will see how easy they are to make. In addition, this dessert is very popular in the United States. It is usually accompanied with ice cream, especially vanilla ice cream, a spectacular mix!
Chocolate and Nut Brownie Recipe
You will see how easy it is to make it and how tasty it will be.
Although the original is made with chocolate and walnuts, as the recipe we have brought you, there are many variations of these recipes. You have them with white chocolate, accompanied by any type of fruit, and practically any flavor. So if you dare, you can experiment with the flavors you like the most.
Let’s take a look at the chocolate and walnut brownie recipe.
Chocolate Walnut Brownie Recipe
- 1 Cup Dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 Cup Butter (At room temperature)
- 1 handful Walnuts
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Chocolate chips
- We will begin our recipe by putting the chocolate and butter in a bowl. Put it in the microwave for a few seconds to melt the chocolate (be careful not to burn it), and mix well.1 Cup Dark chocolate, 1/2 Cup Butter
- In another bowl, we are going to beat well the eggs with the sugar. Add the sifted flour and a teaspoon of baking soda and mix well.2 tbsp Flour, 1/2 Cup Sugar, 4 eggs, 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Continue adding the melted chocolate while stirring. Add the vanilla essence and mix well.1 Cup Dark chocolate, 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Now add the nuts and chocolate chips.1 handful Walnuts
- Now we are going to grease well the mold that we are going to use to bake the brownie with butter. Put the mixture in the pan and add a few more chocolate chips and a few more walnuts on top.Chocolate chips
- Bake it in the oven for about 35 minutes at 350ºF. After that time, your delicious brownies are ready.
This delicious sponge cake was born as a result of a culinary accident. It was the best mistake of a cook who, back in 1987, while making a chocolate sponge cake, forgot to add the yeast. As it did not rise, he was left with a low cake, very juicy on the inside but crunchy on the outside. And because of the color the chocolate gives it, he named it Brownie.
Want to see other delicious sweets?
Check out this spectacular cheesecake with clear frosting, made without an oven!