Fajitas are a very traditional and popular dish of Tex-Mex cuisine, a fusion of Mexican and Texas gastronomy. Traditionally fajitas were made with grilled meat served, along with different ingredients, on a corn or wheat tortilla. Today we find fajitas with any type of meat, vegetables or even made with seafood or fish. It is a very versatile dish. That’s why today we want to show you this great recipe for an informal but delicious dinner: don’t miss this delicious recipe for Chicken and Guacamole fajitas.
As we have already seen the recipe to make an authentic and delicious homemade guacamole, today we are going to use it to make fajitas. And, for the filling, we have chosen chicken. A light, healthy meat that everyone likes. Although, being such a versatile dish, you can elaborate this recipe with an infinite number of different ingredients. And, as we already mentioned, nowadays you can find fajitas of all kinds and with the most diverse ingredients. So, use your imagination and innovate with this recipe as you like.
Chicken and Guacamole Fajitas Recipe
Fajitas are usually made with peppers and other vegetables cooked on the grill with chicken. Today we are going to prepare a more summery recipe. Well, we are going to cook the chicken, but we will include the rest of the ingredients raw. This way, we will get a lighter and fresher dish. Ideal even for summer nights.
The first thing we are going to make is the guacamole. This sauce has no mystery other than to mix its ingredients well. Of course, use very ripe avocados, to make it easier to prepare.
When we have the avocado ready, we prepare the rest of the ingredients. That is to say, we wash them and cut them to taste. We cook the chicken, previously seasoned with salt and pepper and cut into strips; and now we only have to assemble our fajitas.
In each tortilla we put some chicken, side dish to taste and, of course, guacamole. Generously. And now we have ready some delicious Chicken and Guacamole fajitas.
Chicken and Guacamole Fajitas
- 4 Wheat Tortillas
- 150 g Chicken Breast
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Onion
- 2 Lettuce Leaves
- 1 Lemon
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Grated cheese
For the Guacamole
- 2 Avocados very ripe
- 1 Tomato
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 Lime
- First we will prepare the guacamole. Peel the avocados and chop them well. Put them in a bowl and sprinkle them with the lime juice.Chop the tomato and onion finely and add them to the bowl. Season to taste and mix well, mashing lightly with a fork to make a cream with the avocados.
- We continue with the fajitas. We are going to cut the chicken into strips. In a frying pan, put a drizzle of oil and cook the chicken strips. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until they are well done.
- In the same frying pan you can lightly brown the wheat tortillas if you wish. Set aside.
- Let's prepare the rest of the ingredients. Wash the tomato well and cut it into thin half moons. Wash and chop the lettuce and onion into julienne strips. Put in a bowl and salt to taste. Drizzle with the lemon juice.
- Once all the ingredients are ready, put the cooked chicken in the tortilla, add grated cheese to taste (taking advantage of the fact that the chicken is hot), add a couple of spoonfuls of the lettuce, tomato and onion mixture.
- And finish with a good spoonful of guacamole.Now you have your delicious summer chicken fajitas ready.
Learn more about Fajitas
Although we often use the terms fajitas, burritos or tacos interchangeably, the truth is that each of them is a different preparation. And, specifically, the difference between burritos and fajitas is that the former are served rolled up. While fajitas are folded in half and served open. For this reason, the tortilla used is usually smaller in size in fajitas.
Did you also know that this iconic dish has its own day on the calendar? That’s right, every August 18 is celebrated as Fajitas Day. And the fact is that it has become a world-famous dish. And very appreciated by all lovers of Tex-Mex cuisine. So, if you also want to celebrate it as it deserves, make a note of this day in your calendar and celebrate Fajitas Day with this recipe.
And that’s it for this great recipe of Fajitas with Chicken and Guacamole. If you liked it, remember to leave us your comments, ideas, tips… We love to read them! And don’t forget to follow us on social networks to keep up to date with all our publications. You can find us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.