Undoubtedly, one of the best ways to cook, as it is one of the healthiest, is grilled. But, in addition to being light and ideal to take care of our line, it also allows us to enjoy all the flavor of what we have cooked. That’s why we can’t think of a better way to cook turbot, as it is also a delicious fish full of flavor. Don’t miss this simple and healthy Grilled Turbot recipe.
Turbot is an exquisite fish (one of the most appreciated in the kitchen both for its flavor and its texture), which has a smooth and white meat. In addition, it has a very rich and characteristic flavor, which we will make the most of by cooking it on the grill.
On the other hand, it is also a very light and healthy fish, so this recipe is perfect if you want to take care of your figure or if you are following a slimming diet.
But before starting with this grilled turbot recipe, do not miss these other fish dishes. Very easy to prepare, light and, above all, delicious. For example, Tuna Carpaccio recipe, a light and very healthy dish. Or this Zucchini and tuna pie Recipe, a delicious spring starter.
Grilled Turbot Recipe
This recipe is one of the simplest that we can elaborate. You will see that, simply by following the steps below, you will have a ten-rate dish. First of all, remember to ask the fishmonger to take out the turbot loins already cleaned. This way it will be much more convenient to prepare this dish and the result will be much better.
When we are going to cook the fish, we will put it in the frying pan when the oil is very hot, to immediately lower the heat to medium so that it is well done inside. We will always start by placing the fish on the skin side. This way, it will be sealed and we will be able to turn it over without any problem.
Making grilled turbot has no more mystery. It is as simple as that. The rest of the dish will depend on the garnish you want to put. You can opt for many accompaniments, from baked potatoes, mashed potatoes or vegetables, a sauté with any vegetables, such as garlic or leeks … Or even a small grilled vegetables. We have chosen the latter option. Since we are using the griddle (although you can follow the same recipe using a frying pan), we are going to pass some vegetables to make a simple, light and full of flavor side dish.
Let’s see, step by step, how to make this grilled turbot:
Grilled Turbot Recipe
- 2 Turbot loins (700-800 g. Apox)
- 1 Handful asparagus spears
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Spring onion
- 1 Zucchini
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- We begin with the turbot. In a griddle or frying pan put a drizzle of oil, when it is hot, put the turbot loins with the skin side down. Lower the heat to medium and let it cook for a few minutes. When it starts to be ready, turn it over to finish cooking on the other side. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the turbot is ready, all that remains is to lightly grill the vegetables. Remove about one centimeter from the bottom of the asparagus. The tomato, the spring onion and the zucchini we cut them in not very thick slices.
- We put a drizzle of oil and, with the fire very hot, cook until they are to our liking. Serve, on each plate, a turbot loin accompanied with its vegetables. Accompany, if you want, with half a lemon, because it will give a very rich touch to both the fish and the vegetables. And now we have ready a wonderful grilled turbot.
How to accompany the fish
As you can see, it is a very simple dish. And, being so light, we wanted to accompany it with a garnish accordingly. Low in fat, light and healthy. However, grilled turbot can be served with all kinds of garnishes. French fries are always a triumph.
You can also choose to serve the turbot loins only with the grilled wild asparagus if we serve a salad first, or any other starter. For example, this recipe will be great with this delicious Green Salad, or with this Mango and jerky salad.
And here we finish our Grilled Turbot recipe. If you liked it, remember to leave us your comments, ideas, tips… We love to read them! And don’t forget that you can also follow us on social networks to keep up to date with all our publications. You can find us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram.