Pork loin is a very useful meat. We can make a multitude of elaborations with it. But after trying the recipe we propose today, you will not want to do it any other way. The juiciness and flavor of the pork combined with the orange sauce creates a spectacular contrast. In addition, although it is a very economical recipe, it is perfect for a special occasion, for a birthday, a celebration… The result is incredible. But you can make it for any occasion due to its simplicity. Don’t miss this recipe for pork loin with orange sauce.
Perhaps because of the name of the dish, so striking, you may think that it is a very complex or laborious preparation. But nothing could be further from the truth. With very few steps, you will see that in less time than you think, we will have our orange pork loin ready.
But, before going with the recipe, take a look at these other meat stews that you will undoubtedly love. Like Meatloaf with mashed potatoes recipe; or Teriyaki Chicken with Rice Recipe, also a delicious dish with Asian touches.
Recipe of Pork Tenderloin with orange sauce
Although, as we have said, the name might make you think that this dish is very elaborate, the truth is that it is not. With very few steps you will see that it is made practically only in the pressure cooker.
First we will seal the whole loin in a drizzle of oil, previously seasoned with salt and pepper.
Then, we will make a fried sauce with the spring onion and some carrots. Once ready, add the wine, together with the meat, and let it evaporate. And we finish with the orange juice and the honey, before closing our fast cooker and cooking for 30 minutes.
If you use natural juice, much better. That is, you can use brick juice, but the result will be much better if you squeeze the oranges yourself. And it won’t take much more time.
Let’s go to the recipe.
Recipe for Pork Tenderloin with orange sauce
- 1/2 Kg Pork loin
- 1 Spring onion
- 1 Carrot
- 2 Oranges
- 3 Potatoes
- 1 glass White wine
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Season the tenderloin with salt and pepper on all sides. In the fast cooker, put a drizzle of oil, and seal the tenderloin. It must be well browned on all sides. Set aside.
- In the same oil, fry the spring onion and the finely chopped carrots over medium-low heat. When the sauce is ready, add the meat again and add the wine. Let the alcohol evaporate.
- When the alcohol has evaporated, add the orange juice, honey and spices. If more broth is needed, because you see that the juice of the three oranges has not been enough, add a little water. Close the pot and cook for 30 minutes from the moment the pot is pressurized.
- Now it is time to continue with the potatoes. You can omit this step if you do not want a garnish or if you prefer to serve a different one. Simply put the previously washed potatoes to cook in a pot with plenty of water.
- When they are tender, peel them, being careful not to burn ourselves, and with a puree, or with a fork, mash them well until you get a homogeneous texture. Add a pinch of salt, to taste, a splash of cooking water and a little oil, until your puree has the desired texture.
- After this time, carefully depressurize and check that the meat is tender. If so, serve the pork tenderloin in steaks, accompany with a little mashed potato, and drizzle with the sauce.
What do you think of this wonderful dish of pork loin with orange?
The result is a spectacular combination, and a sauce with citrus touches that goes perfectly with the flavor of the pork.
Complete your menu
Although this recipe, with its mashed potato garnish, is perfect as a unique dish and does not need more accompaniments; if we want it to stretch a little more and we can serve it to more guests with the same meat, we can always serve a first course.
With the pork loin with orange sauce, the best first course is a salad.
For example, you can serve a Mango and jerky salad, or a simple Caprese salad, based on tomato and mozzarella.
If you are into simple salads, since the second course is an eye-catching one, we can also serve a simple and humble tomato salad with chopped garlic as a first course.
Whichever option you choose, you will get a menu of ten. Healthy and full of flavor.
And with this we finish our recipe of loin with orange.
What do you think, or did you like this recipe? Remember to leave us your comments, ideas, rabbits, opinions… We love to read them! And don’t forget to follow us on social networks to keep up to date with all our publications. You can find us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram.