Asian cuisine is a very varied and rich cuisine. For us they are usually very original dishes, with elaborations and ingredients that we are not used to. But it also has recipes as popular as this teriyaki chicken with rice. So finding the necessary ingredients to make it will not be a problem. This dish is of Japanese origin. Its base is Teriyaki sauce, composed of soy sauce, mirin wine and sake. It is a super original and very tasty dish; therefore, today we will teach you how to make the recipe for teriyaki chicken with rice.
Most typically, it is served with white rice, which accompanies any dish in Japanese culture. And in this particular case, the mixture is very rich, and in the rice, the teriyaki sauce is amazing.
Teriyaki Chicken with Rice Recipe
This recipe is very easy to make. And although we can already find the necessary ingredients in specialized supermarkets, you can also find the teriyaki sauce. So if you can’t find any ingredient, buy it already prepared. The result is also very good and it will be easier for you to make this recipe.
Teriyaki Chicken with Rice Recipe
For the chicken with Teriyaki Sauce
- 4 Chicken breast
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Ginger powder
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 3 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Sake
- 2 tbsp Mirin wine
- 1/2 Cup soya sauce
- 2 Onions
- 1 Cup Rice
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Olive oil
- Prepare a pot with 3/4 parts water and a teaspoon of salt. Bring it to a boil. When it boils, add the rice and let it boil again.Once it starts boiling again, cover the pot and let it cook for 10-12 minutes. During cooking, stir a couple of times with a wooden spoon.Once it is cooked, drain the water and set aside.3 tbsp Water, 2 tbsp Sake, 1 Cup Rice
For the Teriyaki Chicken
- In a small saucepan start adding the wine and sake, and cook over medium heat to evaporate the alcohol.2 tbsp Mirin wine, 2 tbsp Sake
- When it does not smell strong, the alcohol will have evaporated. Then add the soya, brown sugar and ginger, and stir slowly.Add the flour and mix until dissolved.2 tbsp Ginger powder, 2 tbsp Flour, 1/2 Cup soya sauce, 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- Once the sauce starts to thicken it is ready. But you can add more water if you like it more liquid, or on the contrary, add a little more cornstarch to thicken it more.
- Once we have the sauce, we will cut the chicken into pieces, the size you like (I like them to be bite size, as the Japanese do).Sauté the chicken in a frying pan with a little oil until golden brown.4 Chicken breast, Olive oil
- While the chicken is cooking, slice the onions into thin strips (you can add other vegetables, such as carrots or leeks). When the chicken starts to brown, add the vegetables to the pan and stir for a few minutes (until you see that the onion is transparent).add salt to taste.2 Onions, Salt
- At this point, add a few spoonfuls of the teriyaki sauce to the pan with the chicken and onion. With the fire already off, taking advantage of the residual heat, stir well so that all the chicken is impregnated with the sauce.
- Serve the rest of the sauce in a small bowl. It will serve to accompany, for example, the rice.At the moment of serving, sprinkle both the rice and the chicken with a few toasted sesame seeds.Toasted sesame seeds
If you like Asian food, I encourage you to prepare this teriyaki chicken recipe. And don’t forget to leave us your comments.
You can also follow us on Twitter and Instagram to keep up to date with all our publications, and not miss any of them.