There is less and less time left for the warm weather that many of us love so much. The days are longer, we notice how our mood increases; and also the desire to improve our diet. And the fact is that the heat makes us eat healthier. We prepare lighter and more refreshing dishes; and the same happens with drinks. Therefore, today we bring you a recipe to prepare a spectacular homemade tea: Basil tea with red fruits. It is a completely natural drink that will bring us a multitude of benefits to our body.
In addition, this way we will avoid consuming soft drinks, which are not at all healthy and have a lot of sugar and preservatives, which are not good for our health.
This drink is ideal especially for the hottest days, because if we take it very cold it gains a lot. It is also very light and will not make us feel heavy at all. We can even prepare it when we feel like snacking between meals. It will help us to feel slightly satiated to avoid snacking between meals.
It is true that it is very easy to go to the market and buy teas and infusions already prepared, the typical ones that we find in bags. But it is always much more advisable to prepare them at home. We can buy the necessary herbs in herbalists, which will be much more natural than those sold in supermarkets. Or better yet, as in this case, prepare it at home with fresh ingredients.
Do you dare to try this basil tea with red fruits?
Recipe of Basil Tea with red berries
As we have already mentioned, cold infusions are a perfect alternative to soft drinks. In addition, we can prepare them in a multitude of flavors, and as we prepare them with fresh ingredients, they are much more beneficial than those we can find in bags.
To prepare the basil and red fruit tea we are going to start by preparing a kind of jam with the fruits we have chosen. You can choose between strawberries, raspberries, currants, blueberries… Or even combine the ones you like the most and choose several different ones.
With them and a little sugar, we will make a kind of sauce, which will be the base of our tea. We will simply put it on the fire and cook over low heat until the fruits have released all their juice.
The sugar will help the fruits to release all the juice, but we can perfectly omit it to make an even more natural drink.
Meanwhile, we will prepare the basil tea. To do this we will put a pot with water and basil leaves. We cook for about 10 minutes, with the lid on. After that time we remove from the fire and let it infuse for another 10 or 15 minutes.
Let both preparations cool, mix and serve well chilled. This is how easy it is to prepare this wonderful basil and red fruits tea.
Basil and red fruit tea
- 1 Fresh basil bunch
- 1 Lemon
- 150 g Berries (strawberries, raspberries, currants, blueberries…. Your choice)
- 1 tsp Honey (or Sugar)
- 600 ml Water
- We start with the berries. First we wash and clean them well (for example, if we have picked strawberries, we will remove the leaves).We cut them into pieces (reserving some to decorate later).150 g Berries
- In a pot, put the honey or sugar and a little water, with the chopped berries. Cook over low heat for about 15 to 20 minutes, until they release all their juice.We can strain this preparation, or leave it as it is, this way we will notice the little pieces of the fruit. Reserve.150 g Berries, 1 tsp Honey
- Meanwhile, in another pot, put the water and the basil, bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes from the moment it starts to boil. Always with the lid on.Then remove from the heat and let it infuse for another 10 minutes. Remove the leaves600 ml Water, 1 Fresh basil bunch
- Now, mix the juice of the red fruits that we had prepared at the beginning with the basil tea. Add the lemon juice and let it cool well.Serve well chilled, decorating with some fresh basil leaves and some fruits. You can also serve with ice.1 Lemon
Basil, an aromatic herb full of nutrients
In addition, another great advantage of this natural drink is its main ingredient. Basil. It is an aromatic herb from Central Africa and Southeast Asia. It is one of the most used aromatic herbs in Italian cuisine, but, in addition to flavoring a multitude of dishes with it, we can prepare delicious and sweet drinks that are very healthy for our organism.
- This infusion of basil and berries is perfect for stress relief. It helps to curb the excessive production of cortisol, the hormone responsible for making us feel stressed.
- Another benefit of drinking basil tea is that it greatly aids our digestion. So we can prepare it as a dessert after meals to help our body to have a light digestion and avoid the feeling of discomfort after heavy meals.
- Basil also has antibacterial and depurative properties, so this basil and red fruits tea is an ideal depurative drink to cleanse our body of toxins.
- It is a natural remedy against headaches. Thanks to its anti-inflammatory compounds and its mild sedative effect, it favors cellular oxygenation and blood circulation in the head, which considerably reduces the intensity of the headache.
And you, do you dare to try this great basil tea with berries at home? Without a doubt, you will be surprised.
Remember to leave us your comments, ideas, opinions, tips… We love to read you! And don’t forget to follow us on social networks to keep up to date with all our publications. You will find us on Twitter and Instagram.
Enjoy your meal!
Other recipes that may interest you: