Salads are great dishes that we should not forget in winter. Although in summer they are perfect for any occasion, we also have recipes that are a bit heartier but just as light and healthy, which we can eat at any time of the year. And that is what happens with this roast chicken salad recipe. A perfect recipe to make the next day with the leftover roast chicken.
Salads that include chicken are perfect as a unique dish. It is a very simple meal to prepare and very healthy. In addition, there are so many versions that we can try to add ingredients to our taste. Prepare a lettuce base, chop the chicken into bite-sized portions, and leave the rest to your imagination.
If not, look at the worldwide success of the Caesar salad, the standard of chicken salads.
How to make Roast Chicken Salad
Often, although roast chicken is a delicacy, it is not uncommon to have some leftover meat. That’s why this recipe is perfect to take advantage of all those leftover chicken in a very original way.
Although if you don’t have chicken leftovers, and you still want to prepare this salad, you can use a chicken fillet and cook it on the grill. Wait for it to cool, or serve a warm salad with the chicken just cooked.
For the dressing, we are going to use Greek yogurt sauce. But you can perfectly substitute it with a simple vinaigrette, a simple drizzle of oil, or any other sauce of your choice.
Roasted Chicken Salad Recipe
For the salad
- 250 g Roasted chicken (or filleted, grilled)
- 150 g Lettuce
- 1/2 Chives
- 1 apple
- 50 g corn
- Nuts (to taste, and whatever you prefer)
For the Yogurt sauce
- 125 g Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tsp Mustard
- 50 g Chopped spring onion
- 1/2 Lemon
- Milk (to taste, depending on the texture you want to give to your sauce)
- Crushed black pepper
For the Yogurt Sauce
- Let's start with the sauce, first, chop the spring onion very finely (only a small piece, the rest, reserve it for the salad. Add it to a bowl.
- Add the yogurt, the juice of half a lemon, the mustard and salt and pepper.Adjust the consistency with a little milk, depending on whether you want it thicker or thinner, set aside.
We continue with the salad
- Wash and chop the lettuce, chop the spring onion. Put it in a large bowl. Add the roasted chicken, cut into bite-sized portions.If you don't have it, use chicken fillets (the part you prefer) and cook them on the grill.
- Wash the apple, remove the core, and cut it to taste. Add to the bowl along with the corn and a nut pulse of your choice.
- Finish with a pinch of salt and the yogurt sauce. Mix well and you have a great roasted chicken salad.
As you have seen, this recipe is super simple. Also, remember that in the kitchen everything is to innovate, so do not be afraid and try with other ingredients or different dressings.
If you liked it, remember to leave us your comments, ideas, tips, opinions… We love to read them!