French fries are a delicacy that everyone loves. And besides being the perfect accompaniment to any dish you can imagine, they are a great dish by themselves. We have already seen how to make Bacon Cheese Fries, spectacular fries with bacon and ranch sauce. And today we are going with another great recipe to make potatoes a unique dish or a delicious appetizer for a party. The Melted Cheese French Fries Recipe.
Because if there are two ingredients that combine perfectly, they are potatoes and cheese. Especially, if we put the melted cheese. In addition, this recipe has a multitude of variants, you can choose the cheeses that you like the most or combine them in a thousand ways. But besides the cheese, you can add a very original touch to the potatoes by using different spices; you can even add bacon, minced meat, chorizo… previously sautéed in a frying pan.
As we say, the options are endless. Later on we will see some versions of this dish in more detail. But whatever you choose, take a look at these tips first: How to make perfect fries.
French fries with melted cheese, recipe for a delicious appetizer
As we will see later on, this recipe is very simple. We simply fry the potatoes and, once ready, bake them with the cheese until the cheese is melted.
When frying the potatoes, do not overcrowd them. It is preferable to do several batches, but make sure they are well fried and loose. As you remove them from the oil, reserve them on a plate with absorbent kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
Once ready, place them in an ovenproof dish and sprinkle with the cheese of your choice. Mozzarella, for example, is great, but you can choose the cheese of your choice, as long as it melts well.
Bake until the cheese melts. Once melted, you can serve or leave it for a few minutes with the broiler until the top of the cheese begins to brown. As you prefer.
Having these points clear, let’s go with this great recipe of potatoes with melted cheese.
French fries with melted cheese
- 4-5 Potatoes
- Cheese for melting
- First of all, let's start by peeling the potatoes. We continue by washing them under the tap and drying them with a clean kitchen towel or with a piece of paper. We cut them into sticks as evenly as possible.
- In a frying pan or a deep fryer if available, pour a good amount of oil, enough to cover them. As soon as the oil is hot, add the potatoes. Fry until golden brown and crispy.
- Once ready, remove them with a skimmer to a plate with absorbent kitchen paper. In this way, we will remove the excess oil. Then transfer them to a baking dish and cover them with the cheese of your choice.
- With the oven previously preheated to 180ºC, bake for 5 to 10 minutes. Just enough time for the cheese to melt. If you want the top to be golden brown, add 5 more minutes with the broiler. Once ready, serve piping hot.
Improve even more this delicious recipe
Being such a simple dish, we can include a multitude of accompaniments and make many other versions to give a twist to our dish. It is only a matter of imagination.
- Sauces. Just like Bacon Cheese Fries, our melted cheese fries will also be good with different sauces, especially if they are homemade. One of my favorites for potatoes is Barbecue Sauce, or Mayonnaise. Two classic sauces.
- Meat. It will also be a great recipe if we incorporate any type of meat to this dish. As we mentioned before, we can include in our fries with melted cheese some minced meat, bacon, diced chorizo, sausages… Any option will be great, just sauté it in a frying pan before adding it to the potatoes. Afterwards, both the potatoes and the meat that we have chosen, all mixed together, we will bake it with the cheese on top.
- But these are not the only options. It will also look great to add some beans, diced cherry tomatoes, chili peppers… Any option you can think of will look great.
And that’s the end of our delicious recipe for baked fries with melted cheese. What do you think? If you liked the recipe, remember to leave us your comments, ideas, Enjoy your mealtips, opinions… We love to read them.
Remember also that you can follow us on social networks to keep up to date with all our publications. You can find us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.