Hake is a very popular fish for our Christmas recipes. In addition to being delicious and very healthy, it is very versatile in the kitchen. But if there is one dish that stands out above the rest for Christmas, it is this recipe for Hake with White Asparagus and Clams. A dish with a very complete accompaniment and that gives us as a result a spectacular stew. Perfect for any special occasion or celebration. Join us to see the recipe.
Hake is a very healthy white fish, as it has important contributions for our organism. Among them, its high content in Omega 3 stands out. But it is also a fish with a very low caloric intake. So it is also perfect for those who want to take care of their figure.
You will see that this recipe, although it is very hearty and you will not stay hungry; it is not a heavy dish. So it is the ideal option for all those who want to avoid too heavy meals at this time of the year.
Special Christmas recipe for Hake with White Asparagus and Clams
As we mentioned before, hake is a very versatile fish in the kitchen. We find a multitude of different cuts, for different types of cooking. Hake looks good fried, roasted, in stew… But this time we are going to use it in one of the most classic ways, sliced. Therefore, buy a whole hake, as it will be much cheaper (or several, depending on the size and how many of you there are); and ask the fishmonger to cut it into slices.
We will also need fish stock, which, if it is homemade, much better. If you have not had time to prepare your own homemade broth, buy it from a brick. In any case, try to avoid flavor tablets. They are very noticeable in the final result and, in addition, they contain a lot of salt, among other unhealthy artificial ingredients.
Hake with asparagus and clams, Christmas Recipe
- 1 Hake
- 200 g Shrimps
- 200 g Clams
- White Asparagus (One jar)
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Chives
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Flour
- 1 Glass of white wine
- 2 Cups fish stock
- Extra virgin olive oil
- We will begin by preparing our sofrito. Peel the spring onion and garlic. Fry them in a frying pan with a drizzle of oil. Cook over medium-low heat, so that the onion is poached, and add a pinch of salt to help the spring onion to release all its juice. This way, the sofrito will taste even better.
- When the onion starts to become transparent, it is time to add the flour. Let it brown lightly so that it does not taste uncooked. When the flour is ready, add the fish stock and the wine. Add it little by little and stirring constantly to dissolve the flour and prevent it from forming lumps. Let it cook for a few minutes so that the alcohol evaporates.
- In the meantime, we can cook the eggs. We put them in a pot with abundant water and, from the moment it starts to boil, we cook them for 8-9 minutes.
- Season the hake with salt and pepper and flour. Put a drizzle of oil in a frying pan and, when it is hot, brown the hake on both sides. Once ready, add the hake slices to the pot where we are preparing the sofrito.
- Add the clams and peeled shrimp. Also add a little parsley. Cover the pot and cook over low heat for 10-15 minutes. After that time, add the asparagus and the boiled eggs.Now you have a great hake with asparagus and clams. Doesn't it look good?
As you can see, the recipe is very simple, and it is perfect for these holidays that are just around the corner. Especially for dinners. You can serve it on Christmas Eve or New Year’s Eve. It is not heavy at all.
And here we finish this great recipe to prepare a fish dish for Christmas; lighter and healthier.
But before you go, don’t miss these other great Christmas recipes, such as Baked Prawns Christmas Recipe or Red cabbage with apples and pine nuts, a classic first course for the holidays.