Tartar consists of a raw preparation, which is macerated with different condiments and sauces. Although the most common is meat, in fact, originally it was only prepared with horsemeat, thanks to the popularity it has acquired we find tartar of all kinds, even with fish or vegetables. The result is a delicate dish, full of flavor and very healthy. In addition to being very colorful, making it perfect for special occasions. And today, we are going to prepare a great tuna and avocado tartar, so do not miss the recipe. Ideal to taste this magnificent fish.
Tuna is one of the blue fish with more nutrients and beneficial properties for our organism. Therefore, it is a very good idea to include it in our diet.
In addition, in preparations like this tartar that we bring you today, you will be able to taste all the flavor of tuna. Undoubtedly, this is a dish that you will love and with which you will surprise everyone.
Tuna and Avocado Tartar Recipe
As we were saying, this is a dish that, although it is perfect for special occasions, is very simple and quick to make. So it can also be used for a quick and light dinner.
To get a ten tartar, use a quality tuna. This way you will make a difference. Always try to buy fresh tuna, because you will notice it in the result. Even if we have to freeze it at least 48 hours before, to avoid anisakis, because we are not going to cook it. But I assure you that there is a difference between buying it fresh or frozen.
Regarding its preparation, we will macerate the tuna a few minutes with soy sauce, among others.
On the other hand, we will macerate the avocado with a little lemon and oil. The rest is just to serve with the help of a mold. Let’s see the tuna and avocado tartar recipe step by step.
Tuna and Avocado Tartar
- 400 g Fresh tuna (Tuna Tenderloin or Ventresca area)
- 2 Avocados
- 1/2 Chives
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 Tsp Capers
- 1 Pinch Mustard
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- Sesame Seeds
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Let's start by chopping the spring onion very well. Cut it into small cubes as fine as possible. Do the same with the capers. Set aside.We also cut the tuna into cubes, the size you prefer.1/2 Chives, 1 Tsp Capers, 400 g Fresh tuna
- In a bowl mix the soy sauce, a pinch of mustard, and a pinch of salt. Do not add too much salt, because remember that soy sauce already has a lot of flavor, and it is easy to overdo it with salt. It is better to rectify if it is too bland.Mix well and add the spring onion and tuna. Mix again, so that these two ingredients are soaked with the marinade and let stand between 5 and 15 minutes.1/2 Chives, 1 Pinch Mustard, 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce, 400 g Fresh tuna
- In another bowl, add the avocado, previously diced. Add the juice of half a lemon, a pinch of salt and a drizzle of oil. Mix and set aside.2 Avocados, 1/2 Lemon, Salt, Extra virgin olive oil
- Now all that remains is to plate our tartar. We can use a mold to give it the characteristic presentation. To do this, put a base of avocado, about halfway up the mold. Press with the back of a spoon so that it settles, and thus prevent it from falling apart when unmolded.
- Place the tuna on top, press and ready. Decorate with sesame seeds, and we can remove the mold and serve our delicious tartar.Sesame Seeds
Do you dare to prepare this great Tartar at home?
Serve it as a light starter, or as an appetizer, with some toasts. Although it is also perfect as a light dinner on any special occasion.
Some variations of the recipe
This dish is very versatile, and we have an infinite number of ingredients that we can combine with the tuna or use for the marinade.
For example, regarding the base of the tartar, we can substitute one of the avocados for a tomato if we want to add more variety of flavors. Cucumber also combines very well with this preparation.
We can also combine it with some fruit. For example, with mango or pomegranate.
For the tuna marinade you can also include some gherkins. Or, if you want to give it a spicy touch, add a few drops of Tabasco together with the soy sauce.
Regarding the marinating time. Although 5 minutes of resting is more than enough, if you like something more “cooked” you can leave it up to half an hour resting.
If you do not want to create two different layers in your tartar, you can also mix the avocado with the tuna before putting it in the mold.
And with this we finish our tuna and avocado tartar, remember to leave us your comments, ideas, opinions… We love to read you! You can also follow us on social networks to keep up to date with all our publications. You can find us on Twitter and Instagram.