Meatballs are a very popular dish that is usually liked by everyone. But today we will see its Swedish version: Swedish meatballs recipe, or Köttbullar. Literally, they mean “meat buns”, and are made with a delicious cream sauce. These meatballs are perfect to get out of the monotony and make a different and very original dish.
Swedish meatballs, “Köttbullar” recipe
This recipe is typical of Northern Europe, but more specifically, of Sweden. There, the “Köttbullar” is a very representative and very common dish. And as soon as you try it, it will become your favorite dish.
Let’s see this curious recipe of the Nordic diet.
Swedish meatballs recipe
Swedish meatballs “Köttbullar” Recipe
For the meatballs
- 20 Oz Minced meat
- 1 Onion
- 1 Egg
- 4 Tbsp Bread crumbs
- 1/2 glass Milk
For the sauce
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 Cup Beef broth
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 Cup cream
We begin by preparing the meatballs.
- Put the minced meat in a bowl. Chop the onion and add it to the bowl with the meat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the egg, bread crumbs and milk. Mix well with the hands until a homogeneous mass is formed.20 Oz Minced meat, 1 Onion, 1 Egg, 4 Tbsp Bread crumbs, Salt, Pepper, 1/2 glass Milk
- When the dough is well mixed, start making the meatballs. Giving them rounded shape until we finish with all the meat.
- Now in a frying pan put the butter, wait until it melts, add the meatballs and let them cook. While the meatballs are cooking, move them around so that they cook equally on all sides. When the meat is well done, set aside.3 tbsp Butter
For the sauce
- In the same pan, while still hot, add the beef broth, milk, soy sauce and stir well. When it starts to boil, add the cream and stir while the sauce thickens, for a few minutes. Add a pinch of salt and a little ground pepper.1 Cup Beef broth, 1/2 Cup milk, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1/2 Cup cream
- When the sauce begins to thicken, add the meatballs and let everything cook together for about 10 minutes. The delicious Köttbullar are ready, enjoy!
These meatballs are a typical dish of the Nordic diet. This diet is well known for being very healthy, just like the Mediterranean diet. Besides, this dish is very hearty. Perfect to get energy during the coldest days.
What do you think about the Swedish Meatballs Recipe, did you already know it, or will you dare to make it at home? Leave us all your comments below, you know we love to read them.
If you want to see other delicious recipes, don’t miss these Barbecue Ribs Recipe or the Teriyaki Chicken with Rice.
And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Instagram to keep up with all our recipes!