Bread is a very typical food in every home, that is why we want to show you this homemade bread recipe with plain flour, so that you do not go crazy looking for flours or yeasts that are not easily found in the supermarket.
This food cannot be missing in any meal. It is the main ingredient of many recipes, such as the stuffing of our Thanksgiving turkey.
Therefore, today we want to show you this quick and easy homemade bread recipe so you can start making it at home. And with just the right and necessary ingredients, without adding anything that does not take the bread. And you’ve probably heard many people say: “bread doesn’t taste like it used to”, and how right.
So why not make it at home? It is a very economical recipe, the ingredients are very simple, and it is not as complicated as you might think. And the homemade one lasts a little longer than the one we can buy in any supermarket.
Let’s take a look at this homemade bread recipe, quick and easy with plain flour.
Quick and easy homemade bread recipe, recipe with plain flour
- 2 Cups wheat flour
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 & 1/3 Cup water
- 1 tsp baker's yeast
- For this recipe we will need a large bowl, in which we can mix the ingredients well. We will add in this bowl the flour, add the salt and the yeast and mix a little.Continue adding the water and mix a little (you don't need to mix it well yet).Let it rest for about 7 minutes so that the yeast begins to activate.2 Cups wheat flour, 1 pinch Salt, 1 tsp baker's yeast, 1 & 1/3 Cup water
- After this time, we will begin to knead (this is the most fun part of the recipe). Start kneading gently so that all the ingredients come together. When you have it well mixed, pour some flour on the table where you are going to knead and start folding the dough over itself and flattening it. Repeat this process until the texture of the dough is smooth.Return the dough to the bowl and let it rest until it doubles in size (about 3-4 hours).
- If you are not going to use the dough that same day, store it in the refrigerator by covering the bowl with cling film.When the dough has rested, flour again the table where you are going to work and divide the dough into small pieces (according to the size you want the breads).
- Knead each portion again, from the inside out until it has tension (it recovers its shape). Shape the loaves as you like (round, sticks, whatever you like), and place them on the baking sheet on baking paper. Let them rest again for half an hour.
- Finally, to finish our bread, preheat the oven to 390ºF and introduce the tray with the loaves.You can add a glass with a little water during the first 10 minutes of baking to generate steam. After these 10 minutes, remove the glass and lower the temperature to 390ºF until golden brown. (If you have not made them too big, it will take about 15 to 20 minutes).
Beginnings of bread in history
The discovery of this recipe was casual, it happened in the Neolithic.
The man already knew the seeds and cereals and knew that, mixing it with water, he obtained a porridge, which he forgot in a kind of pot and when he returned, he found a kind of cake, dry and granulated. The first bread in our history had just been born.
From that moment on, they began to experiment with mixtures, ingredients and ways of cooking, until finally, we obtain what we know today as bread.
As you can see, it is a food that has been with us for centuries. So get ready to prepare an an caseo in a quick and easy way.
If you liked our homemade bread recipe, leave a comment!
And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Instagram to keep up to date with all our posts.