Pulled pork is a perfect choice for a multitude of recipes. It is ideal to make burritos, tacos, or to use it as a unique dish accompanied with a little white rice. But if there is a special recipe for this type of meat, it is undoubtedly in a sandwich. It is a quick but delicious and very juicy meal. Don’t miss this pulled pork sandwich recipe.
This sandwich is originally from the United States. You can find it in many street stands. This preparation is typical of fast food stalls, and many different combinations are prepared to make delicious Pulled Pork sandwiches.
But, when you see the recipe, you will definitely want to try it at home. It is very easy to prepare and it is always healthier. It is sure to become your favorite Friday night dinner.
And if you decide to prepare it in a fast cooker, it won’t take you long at all!
Pulled Pork Sandwich Recipe
The main thing is to make the pulled pork. To give it a lot of flavor, first we are going to marinate the meat, and let it rest for an hour to a day. The best thing to do, if you have time, is to prepare the marinade the night before.
With the flavor of pulled pork, our filling for the sandwich is quite simple. That’s why we’re just going to incorporate some lettuce and onion with lemon.
But you can accompany this sandwich with your favorite ingredients.
Pulled Pork Sandwich recipe
For Pulled Pork
- 1 Kg Pork Neck
- 1 Onion
- 1 l. Chicken stock
- Barbecue sauce
- Olive oil
To marinate the meat
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Sweet paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 Tsp Ground pepper
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- 1 Tsp Perrins sauce
- 3 Tbsp Water
For the Sandwich
- 4 sandwich buns
- 1 Red onion
- 1 Lemon
- Mixed lettuce
For the Pulled Pork
- First we are going to mix in a bowl all the ingredients for the meat marinade. When the mixture is ready, we paint the meat with it. And let it rest for at least half an hour. If we have time we can leave it for hours, even overnight. This way it will have much more flavor.
- Meanwhile, we are going to peel the onion, cut it into strips.
- In a pressure cooker, put a splash of oil. When it is hot, put the meat and let it brown on all sides. Once the meat is seared on all sides, remove it and set aside.
- In the same pot, we are going to brown a little the onion until it starts to become transparent. Add the meat again, and add the liter of chicken broth. If it is not enough to cover the meat, add water.
- In pressure cooker, fast cooker: we are going to close it and cook for 50 minutes. After this time, remove the cooker from the heat and let it depressurize completely before opening it. In normal pot: Put the lid on and bring to boil. Cook the meat between 5 and 7 hours since it starts to boil, at medium-low heat. After this time, check that the meat is so tender that it falls apart. If not, cook longer.
- When we have the meat ready, with the help of a knife and a fork we are going to crumble it. But we will not cut the meat, but we will be tearing pieces so that it falls apart by itself. In the meantime, the broth left in the pot is left on the fire to reduce.
- When we have finished shredding the meat, put it in a wide frying pan and add a little of the broth where we had cooked it. Cook until the broth has evaporated, just enough so that it does not drip, but the meat is still very juicy.
- Then add a little barbecue sauce, to taste, and cook again for another 5 minutes. Once the meat is ready, let's assemble the sandwich.
To assemble the Pulled Pork Sandwich
- Chop the red onion into julienne strips. And put it in a bowl with the lemon juice. Open the bread in half, toast lightly. Fill with pulled pork, some lettuce and some slices of onion marinated in lemon juice. Now you have a delicious homemade Puled Pork sandwich ready.
Did you like this recipe and do you dare to prepare it at home? Before you go, don’t miss these other fantastic recipes to make spectacular sandwiches, such as the Meatball Sub, the Philly Sandwich or the Pittsburgh Sandwich.
Remember to leave us your comments, ideas, opinions… We love to read your comments! And don’t forget to follow us on social networks to keep up to date with all our publications. You can find us on Twitter and Instagram.