Today we want to bring you a recipe with a very common and affordable mollusk. Mussels Marinara recipe.This dish is very easy to make, healthy; and thanks to its simple preparation, the flavor of the mussels will not be camouflaged. So it is an ideal recipe if you like this mollusk.
It is also a perfect option for any celebration, birthday or special occasion.
And with recipes like this it is not surprising that mussels are the most consumed shellfish in the world.
It is one of those dishes that you can’t stop dipping in the sauce. And you can prepare them as an appetizer or as a main dish.
Besides being a very simple and easy to prepare recipe, you will enjoy the multiple benefits that this mollusk brings us.
Below we detail them. But first, let’s go to the recipe:
Mussels marinara Recipe
Mussels marinara Recipe
- 70 Oz Mussels
- 2 Onions
- 1 Cup White Wine
- 1 & 1/2 Tbsp Flour
- 1 Tbsp Crushed tomato
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 Chilli
- Fresh parsley
- Olive oil
- Ground pepper
- Start by cleaning the mussels very well, removing the beards and scraping the shell to remove impurities. Do this under the tap and rinse them with cold water.If you find any mussels with broken shells, throw them away.70 Oz Mussels
- Put a saucepan with two glasses of water on the fire. Add the bay leaf, well washed, and the mussels. Cover the saucepan and bring to the boil.1 Bay Leaf, 70 Oz Mussels
- As soon as it starts to boil, check that the mussels have opened and remove from the heat. Take out the mussels and remove the part of the shell to which they are not attached, this part you can throw away.If there are any mussels that have not opened, throw them away, as they will be in bad condition.
- We keep the water where we have cooked the mussels. Strain it and set it aside, as we will use it later.
- Let's go now with the marinara sauceFirst we are going to chop the onions very well, in small pieces. Once chopped, in a frying pan with a good splash of oil, we are going to poach it, over medium low heat. Add salt.2 Onions, Olive oil, Salt
- When the onion starts to become transparent, add the flour and stir to toast it lightly and eliminate the raw flour taste. When it is ready, add the wine and let it cook until the alcohol evaporates, stirring with a few rods to integrate the flour and the wine.1 & 1/2 Tbsp Flour, 1 Cup White Wine
- Continue adding a glass of the water where you cooked the mussels, the chilli and the tomato.Add a little salt and pepper and stir well.1 Tbsp Crushed tomato, 1/2 Chilli, Salt, Ground pepper
- Cook over medium heat for a few minutes to bind the sauce. Meanwhile, add the paprika.Add the mussels and let everything cook together for about two minutes to integrate the flavors, and you have your delicious mussels with marinara sauce ready. Garnish with a little chopped parsley before serving.1 Tbsp Paprika, Fresh parsley
As we were saying, mussels have a multitude of properties and benefits for our organism. So these mussels marinara recipe is perfect and very healthy.
Benefits of Mussels
- Mussels are rich in potassium, which facilitates the entry of nutrients into the cells, and in proteins, which help to have healthy muscles.
- Thanks to vitamin B12, this food helps to treat depression.
- Mussels are the seafood with more Omega-3 fatty acids, which have anti-inflammatory properties.
- They contain calcium, phosphorus and vitamin D, as well as antioxidant properties.
- They strengthen the immune system thanks to the contribution of zinc and vitamin A, which stimulates the production of white blood cells and favors the quality of our bone system.
Did you like the recipe of mussels a la marinera? How do you make them? Leave us your comments and opinions, we love leeors!