Today we bring you one of those recipes that are easy on the eyes. And it has a spectacular color, which will undoubtedly make you want to try it as soon as possible. It is a beet and apple cream.
In addition it is a cream that you can take both hot and cold. You decide, it is delicious both ways.
This cream is a recipe totally included in the Mediterranean diet. Did you know that it is one of the healthiest diets? This makes it a perfect choice for a light dinner, and also easy to make.
Beet and Apple Cream Soup Recipe
Beet and Apple Cream, a colorful and healthy recipe
- 500 g Cooked beets
- 2 Apples
- 2 spring onions
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Natural Yogurt
- Ground White Pepper
- We start by dicing the beet.If you buy it raw, wash it very well under the tap and cook it for 15 minutes. After that time, peel and cut it. Peel and chop the apples and spring onions.500 g Cooked beets, 2 Apples, 2 spring onions
- In a saucepan, with a drizzle of oil, sauté the spring onions with the beet. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes. After that time, add the apple and cook, while stirring, for a couple of minutes.500 g Cooked beets, 2 spring onions, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 Apples
- Add water until it covers the vegetables, add salt to taste and cook for 10 minutes.After that time, remove the vegetables and put them in a blender glass, with a little of the cooking broth (to taste according to the texture you prefer). Beat well until you get a homogeneous cream and serve.Garnish each dish with a little plain yogurt and ground white pepper.Salt, Natural Yogurt, Ground White Pepper
This recipe, besides being very attractive, has a spectacular mild flavor. On the other hand, the mixture of apples and beets gives the cream purifying properties. And it is super simple to make, what more could you ask for?
Well, it has even more advantages if we see the amount of properties that beets have, let’s see some of them.
Properties of beet.
- It is a powerful antioxidant.
- A great source of iron and vitamin C.
- It is a very low calorie food. Helps to reduce blood pressure.
- A great ally of the bones.
- Beet contains silica, an essential mineral for the body to assimilate calcium effectively.