When the good weather arrives, we crave simple, light, refreshing dishes, and if they are also delicious, we can’t ask for more. Gazpacho fulfills all these characteristics to perfection. A simple cold soup made from vegetables, which provides us with a multitude of nutrients and vitamins essential to maintain an iron health. Therefore, today we want to know the benefits and properties that Gazpacho brings us. Come with us to know them!
Being such a healthy recipe, no one will be surprised by the amount of properties that gazpacho has. It is nothing more than a cold soup, made with tomatoes, peppers, onion, cucumber… It only includes natural, vegetable, very healthy ingredients. But, in addition, its preparation makes it so good for our health, because, being raw, we avoid that any of these ingredients lose their properties.
Therefore, drinking gazpacho on a regular basis is very beneficial for our health. Let’s see why:
- It helps us to stay hydrated, thanks to the fact that it is made with water, and that it includes other liquid-rich ingredients such as tomato or cucumber.
- It is a great source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. But it is also an important source of dietary fiber, which helps us to maintain blood glucose levels.
- It is low in calories. Being a recipe based only on vegetables, its caloric content is very low. So it is a fantastic option for all those who are looking to take care of their figure.
So, now that we have seen that it is a very healthy dish, let’s see in detail what benefits and properties it brings us.
Benefits and Properties of Gazpacho
If you like gazpacho, you will be delighted to know that it is one of the best options to include in our diet. Since it is a very healthy dish. And it includes all the properties of each of its ingredients, which are not few:
- Important source of natural antioxidants. Gazpacho contains antioxidants, such as lycopene, present in tomatoes. Antioxidants help our body to avoid oxidative stress caused by free radicals. But it also helps us to reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- It provides us with essential minerals for our health. Such as potassium, magnesium, iron… Essential to maintain muscle function, or optimal cardiovascular health.
- Rich source of vitamins, such as vitamin C, A, K and various B vitamins. Essential for the correct functioning of the organism. They are also very important for maintaining an optimal immune system, as it is a natural antimicrobial.
- It has digestive properties, so it helps us to regulate intestinal transit. At the same time it favors our bacterial flora. This is due to its contribution of dietary fiber, which we mentioned above.
Is Gazpacho fattening?
One of the benefits of gazpacho is its low caloric intake. So we could say that traditional gazpacho is not fattening. Of course, omitting the croutons of fried bread, or any other caloric accompaniment. We refer to the basic and traditional recipe. This is a very healthy and nutritious option, perfect for all those who want to take care of their figure.
It is also a satiating food, which will help us to keep our weight under control.
Of course, this is so as long as we take into account the amount of gazpacho we consume. If we include a large amount of gazpacho in a single meal, the caloric intake will increase.
Can I have it every day?
Although the key to a healthy and balanced diet lies in variety, we can eat gazpacho every day without any risk. As long as we complement it with other types of dishes throughout the day to have our nutritional needs well covered.
And the fact is that gazpacho, being made only with vegetables, does not cause any harm to our health. On the contrary, it would be similar to drinking a salad every day. It can even be a very healthy habit if we control the quantities.
There are even those who associate a regular or daily consumption of gazpacho with the prevention of cholesterol. Thanks to the fatty acids it provides and its high vegetable content, it favors a good cardiovascular health, as well as the control of cholesterol.
And with this we finish knowing all the benefits and properties that gazpacho has. If you liked it, remember to leave us your comments, ideas, tips… We love to read you! You can also follow us on social networks to keep up to date with all our publications. You will find us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram.