Creams and purees are very healthy preparations. They are also very easy to make and we can adapt them to our taste, adding and removing ingredients, trying different combinations… They are very versatile. It is a great way to take the vegetables that our body needs. In addition, they are light dishes, perfect for all those who want to take care of their figure. So don’t miss this great recipe for Eggplant, Pumpkin and Apple Cream Soup.
But besides being a very light recipe, the eggplant, pumpkin and apple cream is a dish loaded with nutrients and vitamins. For example, pumpkin is a rich source of carotenoids, such as beta-carotene: a great ally for maintaining good eye health and a beautiful and well-groomed skin.
It is also rich in fiber, as well as in vitamins A and B, among others; and minerals such as potassium, iron, calcium… And it has cleansing properties.
But before you go with this delicious recipe, don’t miss these other purees:
– Super Yummy Vegetables Puree Recipe!
– Tomato, Carrot and Ginger Cream Soup, a very healthy dinner.
– Beet and Apple Cream, a colorful and healthy recipe
Eggplant, Pumpkin and Apple Cream Soup Recipe
This, like all creams, is very simple to prepare. We simply fry the ingredients finely chopped, then cook them and grind them.
The only thing we have to take into account is the order in which we add them to the pot. But it will be enough to follow the recipe step by step.
Eggplant, pumpkin and apple cream soup
- 1 Eggplant
- 600 g Pumpkin
- 1 Onion
- 1 Apple
- 1 Glass Milk
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- We start with the onion, peel and cut it into pieces. You can chop it as you prefer because then we will grind everything.1 Onion
- In a pot, put a dash of oil and, when it is hot, add the onion. Add a pinch of salt and sauté over low heat.1 Onion, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Salt
- Meanwhile, peel the eggplant and cut it into cubes. Add to the pot.1 Eggplant
- Do the same with the pumpkin and the apple, peel and chop. Remember to remove the seeds and seeds of both. When we have cut it into small cubes we also add it to the pot.600 g Pumpkin, 1 Apple
- Sauté until the onion begins to color. Cover with water, add another pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Cook for 20-25 minutes over medium heat, until the pumpkin, which is the hardest part, is tender.
- When all the vegetables are very tender, (you can check it by pricking them with a fork) we put them in the blender glass. Add a little of the broth (but not all of it, it is better if it is missing because we can rectify), and also add the glass of milk.1 Glass Milk
- Mash well until it has a homogeneous texture. Serve, garnishing with a drizzle of oil or some seeds or a little ground pepper.Pepper
You can add a pinch of curry before grinding, it will give it a very rich touch. You can also substitute the onion for spring onion or leek.
This dish is perfect as a starter, or as a unique dish for dinner. And you can take it either hot, because it is a very comforting dish for winter, or you can let it warm up a little before serving.
Dare to try this cream of Eggplant, Pumpkin and Apple, you will see how its sweet touch delights young and old. In addition, pumpkin, although we associate it with autumn, is a vegetable (although it is actually a fruit according to its botanical definition), which we find in season since spring; as we saw in our calendar of Seasonal Vegetables.
If you liked it, remember to leave us your comments, ideas, tips and opinions, we love to read them! And don’t forget to follow us on social networks to keep up to date with all our publications. You can find us on Twitter and Instagram.