Homemade cookies are always a triumph for breakfast or a snack. In addition, they are the perfect substitute for sweets or desserts that we can find in the supermarket. Because, by making them homemade, they will always be much healthier, plus they have the advantage that we know 100% of the ingredients they contain. And we can make them totally to our taste, modifying the recipe or removing or adding ingredients, because they are very versatile recipes. If you like easy baking, don’t miss this great recipe for banana and coconut cookies without sugar, they will please everyone!
These cookies are the best way to get rid of a sweet craving in the healthiest way possible. Although our recipe is sugar-free, you can include a pinch of sugar if you prefer them a little sweeter. Although it is not necessary, because the banana is already a natural sweetener. That is why they are the best option for all those who want to take care of their figure or who follow a slimming diet. Accompany your banana and coconut cookies with coffee, tea or a natural smoothie and prepare a fantastic snack.
How to make Sugar Free Banana Coconut Cookies
We can find a multitude of recipes to make banana and coconut cookies. Some of them use flour, alternatives such as oatmeal, either in flakes or crushed, recipes with or without egg… We, in search of a healthy recipe, are going to use only almond flour. We are not going to include egg, since with natural banana the texture will be similar. And, of course, we can not miss the coconut, one of the main ingredients of our recipe, which we will include grated.
For flavoring we have many options: with vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, a little grated lemon or orange zest… You have many options, but remember not to overdo it with the amount of these spices, as we would hide the original flavor of the cookies.
When we have mixed all these ingredients well, we just have to shape our cookies and bake them. For it, we will place them in the tray of the oven on a vegetable paper, or baking paper. It will be enough with approximately 15 minutes of baking, at 180ºC. Or, until you see that they begin to brown to your liking. And that’s how easy it is to prepare fantastic banana and coconut cookies. Let them cool well before eating them, as they will be better.
Banana Coconut Cookies Recipe
- 2 ripe bananas
- 80 g Grated coconut
- 50 g Almond flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Pinch of salt
- Before starting with the dough we are going to put the oven to preheat. This way, as soon as we have the cookies ready, we can start baking them. Put the oven at 180ºC while we prepare the dough of our cookies.
- In a bowl put the bananas without skin. With a fork, we are going to crush them until we get a homogeneous mixture. When they are well mashed, we incorporate the grated coconut and mix well.
- Add the vanilla essence, the almond flour and a pinch of salt. Mix again until all the ingredients are completely integrated.
- Now we can start shaping our cookies. We can help us with a spoon to always take the same amount so that all the cookies are the same size. We take a spoonful of dough and we make a ball with it. We place it on the baking tray, which we have previously covered with parchment paper, and flatten it slightly to give it the characteristic shape of the cookie. Leave a space of a couple of centimeters approximately between each cookie to prevent them from sticking during baking.
- When you have all the dough spread on the tray, bake your cookies for about 15-20 minutes, at 180ºC (remember that we already had the oven preheated), or until they begin to brown.
- Once ready, take them out of the oven and let them cool on the oven rack. This way they will be crispier than if you let them cool on the tray. And now we have ready some delicious banana and coconut cookies without sugar.
Want to simplify your recipe even more?
Although it is a very simple recipe, if you don’t have the necessary ingredients, you can make a much simpler dough. For example, with just banana, shredded coconut and some crushed seeds or nuts you can make a delicious dough for simple and healthy cookies. Mix the shredded coconut with the mashed bananas and add the seeds. Shape them into cookies and bake for about 10 minutes at 160ºC. And you will have great banana and coconut cookies without sugar, with only three ingredients.
Always use very ripe bananas. This way, it will be much easier to mash them. In addition, you will get sweeter cookies and, on the other hand, it is a great way to take advantage of bananas that are already too ugly to eat or serve, but are still in perfect condition.
So get ready to prepare these cookies with the bananas that are forgotten at the bottom of the fruit drawer and you don’t know how to use them.
Some different versions for your sugar-free Banana Coconut Cookies
Being such a simple recipe, it is very versatile. And it allows for a multitude of modifications, ingredients, etc. That is, we can make hundreds of different recipes for banana and coconut cookies simply by changing or adding some ingredients. So, if you liked the original recipe and want to make a different version, just let your imagination run wild and come up with a new recipe.
In case you need some ideas, here are some options.
- With walnuts. You can add finely crushed walnuts to the previous recipe to add even more flavor to your cookies. Or, crush the walnuts in a mortar and pestle if you want to add texture to your cookies, so that there are a few larger pieces of walnuts.
- Banana Coconut Cookies with peanuts. Just as we incorporated walnuts to the recipe, we can also add peanuts. We will do it in the same way, either crushing them completely or crushing them slightly so that the small pieces are noticeable.
- The truth is that we can add as many nuts as we want. All of them will be very good in this recipe.
- Spiced Banana and Coconut Cookies. There are many ways we have to add a different touch to our cookies, and give them a very pleasant flavor. For example, you can include in your recipe nutmeg and a pinch of ginger, you will see that they give a touch of the richest.
- With chocolate chips. Although we were looking for a healthy and light recipe, we can always treat ourselves by adding a handful of chocolate chips to our cookies.
- With seeds, for example, sesame, poppy seeds, sunflower seeds…
And that’s the end of our delicious banana and coconut cookies. What do you think of them? If you liked them, remember to leave us your comments, ideas, tips… We love to read them! And don’t forget to follow us on social networks to keep up to date with all our publications. You will find us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.