Today we bring you a typical dish of Spanish gastronomy. It consists of Chorizo Pasta Recipe. A pasta recipe that we are going to accompany with chorizo, a typical Spanish sausage, and tomato sauce. If you have not tried it, as soon as you do, you will not want to eat pasta any other way.
Chorizo is a type of sausage made with finely chopped pork and seasoned with paprika. It is a very typical sausage in Spanish cuisine, and is used in many recipes. From stews with vegetables, to make delicious sandwiches. Or as on this occasion, to accompany a pasta dish, which, with tomato, will delight the little ones in the house.
Pasta, this Italian food, is one of the most versatile. We can prepare it in a thousand ways and it always looks great. Like Pasta with spinach and artichokes recipe, a healthy dish full of flavor. Or, if you prefer to see other different sauces to accompany your pasta, don’t miss Pistachio Sauce Pasta Recipe. A sauce made from nuts, pistachios.
Chorizo Pasta recipe
You will see that preparing this recipe is no mystery at all. Simply cook a finely chopped onion in a frying pan with a drizzle of oil (use very little because the chorizo will release a lot of fat).
Cook the onion over medium-low heat. And, when it starts to become transparent, add the chorizo, finely chopped or cut into slices. As you prefer. Cook a little and add the tomato.
On the other hand, in the meantime, we are going to cook the pasta. Simply let it boil for the time indicated on the package until it is to our liking.
But, if you want to give it more flavor, add, before putting the water in the pot, a drizzle of oil, sauté a few cloves of garlic, over low heat and, when they are golden, add the water. Bring to the boil and add the pasta when it starts to boil. You will see how the garlic gives a spectacular touch to your pasta.
And finally, use the pasta you like the most: macaroni, spaghetti, ribbons… whatever you prefer.
Chorizo Pasta recipe
- 500 g Pasta (your choice)
- 400 g Fresh chorizo sausage
- 250 ml Fried tomato
- Grated cheese
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 Bay leaf
- Dried oregano
- Olive Oil
- We start with the sauce. Peel and chop the onion. In a frying pan, with a drizzle of oil, fry it over medium-low heat until it starts to become transparent. Then, add the chorizo sausage cut in not very thick slices.)
- When we see that the sauce has about 10 minutes left, we put the pasta to cook.We put a drizzle of oil in a wide pot (where we are going to cook the pasta). When it is hot, add the garlic cloves and the bay leaf well washed and dried. Put over medium heat and let the garlic brown.
- When they get color, add the water and bring to boil. Once it starts to boil, salt to taste and add the pasta. Stir with a wooden spoon and cook for the time recommended on the package or until it is to our liking (about 10 minutes is usually enough).
- Cook for a few minutes, until the chorizo is to our liking. Then add the tomatoWhen the meat is to your liking, add the fried tomato and lower the heat to the minimum. Add a little oregano and mix well. Cook for about 5 minutes and add the cooked macaroni.Mix well. Add a little ground pepper when serving, to taste. And now you have ready some delicious macaroni with minced meat and tomato.
Would you like to try the Chorizo Pasta Recipe?
If you liked it, remember to leave us your comments, ideas, opinions… We love to read you! And don’t forget to follow us on social networks to keep up to date with all our publications.
You can find us on Twitter, Facebook y Instagram.