That pasta is one of the most versatile foods we have in the kitchen is nothing new. But, did you know the Pistachio sauce? It is a delicious way to accompany pasta, and, in addition, benefit from all the benefits and properties of pistachios. Therefore, we encourage you to try this delicious and healthy pasta recipe with Pistachio sauce.
Pistachios are one of the healthiest nuts we can find. They have great contributions of calcium, potassium, iron… Among others. They are a great ally for our eye and heart health. They also have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
That is why they are an essential food to include in our diet and maintain a healthy and balanced diet.
And, contrary to general belief, although, like any other food, they should be consumed in moderation, the fats that nuts provide us with are very good for our organism.
So let’s use this delicious and healthy nut to make an original Pistachio sauce to accompany our pasta.
Pasta with Pistachio Sauce Recipe
To make this recipe, the first thing to do is the sauce. Remember that the sauce must always wait for the pasta. This means that the first thing to be ready has to be the sauce, so that, as soon as the pasta is cooked to our taste, add it to the sauce. If we do it the other way around, we run the risk of overcooking the pasta.
And to make this sauce, we need, of course, pistachios. But don’t worry, let’s see, before starting the recipe, how to peel the pistachios a little more easily. Since the difference between buying them already peeled, or buying them natural, is huge. And, taking into account that it is one of the nuts with a higher cost, it is best not to inflate it more.
To peel the pistachios we can get in advance. Even if we are going to make the meal in several hours, the pistachios can be ready waiting to be used.
The first thing to do is to remove the shells, for this there is no trick. When we have all the shelled pistachios, we put a pot with water and bring to boil. When it starts to boil, add the pistachios and let them cook for one minute. After that time, remove them from the boiling water and transfer them to a bowl with very cold water (you can even add ice). They are now ready to be peeled in a comfortable and simple way.
Cook the pistachios in boiling water for one or two minutes to make them easier to peel.
Now that we have the pistachios ready, we can go with the rest of the preparation. This Pistachio sauce is made with cream, and the pistachios are crushed in it. It is not complicated. Once we have this pistachio cream, we will give it a touch in a frying pan with a little butter, so that it reduces slightly and binds better.
As for the pasta, we will cook it as indicated in the package, since it will depend on the type of pasta. But we can always fry the garlic and a bay leaf in a little oil. This way we will give much more flavor to the water where we will cook the pasta.
Pistachio Sauce Pasta
- 250 g Paste
- 2 Garlic
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 100 g Pistachios
- 200 ml Liquid cream
- 1 tsp Butter
- Grated cheese (Parmesan cheese is better)
- Crushed pepper
- Let's start preparing the Pistachios. First remove the shells. When we have them all ready, put a pot with water and bring to boil. As soon as it starts to boil, add the pistachios and let them cook for one to two minutes. After that time, remove them from the boiling water and transfer them to a bowl with very cold water.Put them on absorbent kitchen paper and begin to remove the skin from the pistachios.
- When we have peeled all the pistachios, we add them to the blender, together with the cream. Mash very well until there are no very large pieces of pistachio (you can reserve some whole pistachios or in small pieces to decorate the dish when you serve it).
- Put a frying pan on the heat with the butter and, when it has melted, add the cream and pistachio cream that we have just mashed, put on low heat and let it reduce slightly while stirring occasionally. Add a pinch of salt, nutmeg and ground pepper.
- Meanwhile, we are also going to cook the pasta. In a wide pot we put a drizzle of oil. When it is hot, add the garlic and the well washed bay leaf.
- Over medium heat, let the garlic brown. Then add enough water to cover the pasta you have chosen, and bring to a boil. As soon as it is boiling, add a handful of salt, mix and add the pasta. Cook for about 10 minutes approximately, according to the package directions or according to your taste.
- When it is ready, with a skimmer we take it out to the pan where we had the sauce. Add a handful of grated cheese, to taste, mix well and serve.
Did you like this pasta recipe with pistachio sauce?
As we have seen, this pasta recipe with pistachio sauce is a very simple dish to make. And I’m sure that with this recipe you will surprise all your guests. If you dare to try it, remember to leave us your comments, ideas, opinions… We love to read you!
You can also follow us on social networks to keep up to date with all our publications. You will find us on Twitter and Instagram.