You already know how much we love creams and purees. They are very versatile dishes. They can be used for any occasion, both a quick, light dinner and a healthy lunch or starter. We can elaborate them with as many ingredients as we want, and they are a magnificent option of use when we do not know what to do with some vegetable that we have left in the fridge. But we also have recipes as sophisticated and delicious as this cream of cauliflower and roasted garlic. Undoubtedly, a very original and different way of eating cauliflower, and that will pleasantly surprise you.
This dish is a great option for all those who are looking to take care of their figure or maintain a healthy and light diet, but without sacrificing flavor. Well, this powerful cream will surprise you. Since it combines the softness and creaminess of cauliflower with the aromatic touch of roasted garlic, without becoming its classic spicy and strong flavor when we take it raw.
Cauliflower is also very healthy. It is loaded with essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals. It is also low in calories and rich in fiber, making it an ideal choice for those who wish to maintain a balanced diet. By using it as a base for our cream, we are giving it a touch of softness and a pleasant texture.
Of course, without forgetting garlic, a delicious superfood that is loaded with properties. In addition, by including roasted garlic in this cauliflower cream, its flavors are softened and sweetened. Eliminating any bitterness present in the raw garlic. Thus being easier to digest and less aggressive to the stomach.
Cauliflower and Roasted Garlic Cream Soup Recipe
As we are going to use roasted garlic for this recipe, we will take advantage of the fact that we turn on the oven to cook the cauliflower in it as well. We are not going to put the oven only for a head of garlic.
We cut the upper part of the garlic, the stalk, until the cloves are exposed. And, without peeling them, sprinkle a little oil on top and season to taste. Wrap well in aluminum foil, making a tightly closed package. Place on the oven tray.
In the same oven tray, on which we will have put a baking paper, we place the cauliflower. Previously cut into florets and seasoned with salt and pepper. We will also water it with a drizzle of oil. We bake everything together for about half an hour, or until it is tender.
Once we have the vegetables ready, we are going to give them the last touch cooking them together in the vegetable broth before crushing them to make the puree. This way, we will get them to be more tender and, in addition, all the flavors will be incorporated much better.
Cauliflower and roasted garlic cream recipe
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- We begin by preheating the oven to 180ºC, while we prepare the garlic and cauliflower.Cover the baking tray with baking paper or parchment paper. Regarding the garlic, we are going to cut the top, a centimeter or two, just enough to reach the garlic cloves, but all without peeling. Then, season with salt and pepper to taste and drizzle with a little oil. Wrap well in aluminum foil. Place on the oven tray.
- Also in the oven tray we will place the cauliflower cut in florets. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little oil, to taste. Bake everything for about 30 minutes. Or until we see that the cauliflower begins to brown slightly.
- In the meantime, we are going to cook the potatoes in a pot with water, the 30 minutes it takes to roast the other ingredients.
- Then, remove from the oven, and put these ingredients (now, having peeled the garlic), in a pot with the vegetable broth, including the potatoes. If there is not enough broth, add the broth from the cooking of the potatoes. Bring to the boil and cook for about 10 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender.
- Now we can grind well, with a blender or food processor, until a smooth and homogeneous cream is obtained. Add salt and pepper to taste, if necessary, and serve hot. Now you have ready a wonderful cream of cauliflower and roasted garlic.
This recipe for cream of cauliflower and roasted garlic is a wonderful option for those who want to enjoy a comforting and nutritious dish. Serve the cream with some toasted bread croutons to give it that crunchy touch it lacks. Or, with some nuts, seeds, etc. Or, if you prefer, take a look at these other delicious creams that can get you out of more than one trouble for dinner. Like the Eggplant, Pumpkin and Apple Cream Soup; Super Yummy Vegetables Puree Recipe or Beet and Apple Cream. Three simple creams that you will fall in love with.
And with this we finish our great and healthy recipe. If you liked it, remember to leave us your comments, ideas, tips… We love to read you! And don’t forget to follow us on social networks to keep up to date with all our publications. You can find us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram.