Stir-fries are the healthiest options to prepare, in a matter of minutes, a light, complete and, at the same time, full of flavor dish. In addition, we can use as many vegetables as we want; so it is ideal to take advantage of what is left in the fridge and we do not know how to use it. So join us to see this great and easy recipe of Vegetable and Beef Sauteed. A light, healthy and very complete dish.
Stir-frying, as its name suggests, consists of sautéing various ingredients over high heat. Sautéing consists of cooking over high heat, so that the food is crispy and golden on the outside, but very tender on the inside. For this technique we can use a little oil or omit it, at our choice. We can also cook it in a frying pan, as long as it is wide enough, or use a wok.
We can sauté practically any ingredient. But it is true that vegetables cannot be missing in a stir-fry. And, to obtain a more complete plate, we can accompany these vegetables with meat of any type, with fish, seafood….
Then, these ingredients are seasoned with soy sauce, different seasonings and spices such as garlic powder or ginger to add more flavor. Once ready, we can serve it as a single dish or accompany it with rice or noodles to make a much more complete meal.
This way of cooking food is originally from Asia, especially China, Thailand and Vietnam. Although over time it has become popular in the rest of Asia, as well as in the rest of the world, as it is a very simple preparation and offers a delicious result.
Vegetable and Beef Sauteed Recipe
To prepare this recipe we will need a large frying pan, where we can fit all the ingredients, or a wok, at your choice.
Regarding the ingredients, we can use as many vegetables as we want. We have opted for the classics, and we will include spring onions, carrots, green bell pepper, asparagus and mushrooms. But remember that you can use any vegetable you prefer. For example, other staples for a stir-fry are broccoli, any type of mushroom….
Being a typical recipe of Asian cuisine, it is also very common to include bamboo shoots, although here they are not easy to find, unless you go to specialized stores.
How to make a Stir-fry with Beef
For this recipe we will first cut all the ingredients into thin strips. Do not make them too long either so that it is comfortable to eat.
Once the ingredients are cut, it will be enough to sauté the ingredients. First we would make the meat and, once ready, we reserve. Then, the rest of the ingredients. When everything is ready, cook together for a few minutes and add the spices and soy. And now we have ready a great Vegetable and Beef Sauteed.
Vegetable and beef sauteed recipe
- 1 Fillet Veal
- 1 Spring onion
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Green Pepper
- 150 g Asparagus
- 150 g Mushrooms
- Soy Sauce
- Crushed Black Pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- We start by cutting the meat into elongated strips, but bite-sized. In a frying pan or wok, put a drizzle of oil. When it is hot, sauté the meat until it is to our liking. Set aside
- In the same frying pan or wok, add another drizzle of oil if necessary, and sauté the spring onion cut into julienne strips for a few minutes.
- Next, add the bell pepper and the carrot, also cut into sticks.When these vegetables are tender, add the asparagus and mushrooms cut in slices, a few minutes, because these ingredients are done in less time.
- When we have everything ready, add a pinch of salt, pepper to taste, and a dash of soy sauce. Add the meat and cook everything together for a few minutes. Decorate by sprinkling some sesame seeds on top.And now you have ready a great stir-fry of vegetables and beef.
Tips for your stir-fry
If you want to add more flavor to the meat you can marinate it with soy and spices. Prepare the mixture with soy sauce, pepper, garlic powder, ginger… And let the meat rest with this marinade for a few hours before sautéing the beef.
Cook the vegetables over medium high heat, but for a short time, so that they are tender on the inside, but crispy on the outside. Remember to cut all the ingredients in bite-sized portions. This way it is easier and more convenient to eat. Besides, this is how Asian recipes are served.
And have them ready before starting your recipe. Because they will be cooking in a short time, and we will not be able to cut them at the same time we make the sauté. It is very important that the pan or wok you use is very hot before adding the stir-fry ingredients. This way, you will get a much more professional result and better flavor.
Some versions of Vegetable and Beef Sauteed
Being such a versatile recipe, we can elaborate many types of sautéed vegetables. Depending on the ingredients we use, the seasonings, etc. Let’s see some options:
- Thai Style Beef stir-fry: first we are going to marinate the meat with ginger and garlic powder. We sauté it and add onion, bell bell pepper, some bean sprouts and spinach. Then, once the ingredients are ready, before finishing your recipe, add a little coconut milk and a pinch of curry to make the sauce for this original stir-fry.
- Vegetable and Beef stir-fry with rice. You can follow this same recipe or substitute some vegetables for others of your preference, and accompany the dish with some white rice. It will provide the necessary nutrients and carbohydrates to make a complete dish.
- With noodles. Add some cooked noodles to the recipe before adding the soy sauce. You will obtain a more forceful dish.
Are vegetable stir-fries healthy?
As a general rule, vegetable and beef stir-fries, or any other meat, are very healthy and nutritious options. Although it will always depend on the sauce with which we accompany it, or on the amount of soy and salt that we include in the recipe.
And the fact is that vegetables, especially in dishes in which we use as much variety as this stir-fry, are an important source of vitamins, minerals, fiber, nutrients?
In addition, veal is a good source of protein and iron.
So this recipe is always a very healthy option and, in addition, we will have it ready in a matter of minutes.
If you liked it, remember to leave us your comments, ideas, tips… We love to read them!
Remember also that you can follow us on social networks to keep up to date with all our publications. You can find us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.