The cold weather arrives and with it the most comforting recipes, stews and warm soups dress our table to warm us up. For these cold days we bring you today a delicious recipe that will also give color to your menu: the tomato soup recipe.
It is a very traditional recipe, and very simple in origin. Since at the beginning it was only made with tomato and onion, which were cooked in water and then made into soup by grinding them. As we now have many more ingredients and above all more affordable, the traditional recipe has taken a step forward, modernizing and being much more complete. But as you will see in the recipe we will not include much more. Part of the charm of these traditional recipes lies in their simplicity.
Tomato Soup Recipe
As the recipe is very simple, try to use quality ingredients. Fresh tomatoes that have a good flavor and are well ripe.
Although it is a perfect recipe for cold winter days, it is also ideal to be eaten cold. It is a very nutritious and healthy soup.
Tomato Soup Recipe
- 1 Kg Tomatoes (ripe)
- 1 Onion
- 1 Carrot
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 l Water
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- We start by peeling and chopping the onion, garlic and carrot. It is not necessary to chop it too much because we will grind these ingredients later.
- Empezamos pelando y picando la cebolla, el ajo y la zanahoria. No es necesario picarlos demasiado porque luego trituraremos estos ingredientes.
- While we make the sauce, prepare the tomatoes. Remove the stem part with a knife and make a cross cut.Prepare another large pot with water and bring to boil. When it starts to boil, blanch the tomatoes (put them in the boiling water for a minute and remove them). Careful not to burn them, peel them and cut them into pieces.
- When the sauce is ready, add a teaspoon of sugar (to reduce the acidity of the tomatoes) and mix well.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, cook for about 4-5 minutes (still on low heat) and cover with the liter of water. Let it cook for about 20 minutes from the moment it starts to boil (at this point, you can increase the heat until the water boils, then lower it to medium heat).
- After this time, grind everything and serve.
As you can see, it is a very simple recipe to make natural soups at home. Besides being a very healthy meal with very few calories and all the nutrients and contributions of tomatoes. And it is that since we have the broths and soups in brick, we forget the simplicity of these recipes. Besides, there is nothing like a good tomato soup freshly made with fresh and quality ingredients.
We have added a carrot to the traditional recipe, but you can add any vegetables you like. One that also looks great is the red bell pepper. Let your imagination run wild and innovate with the recipe according to your tastes.
If you liked it, remember to leave us your comments, ideas, opinions? We love to read you! And don’t forget to follow us on social networks to keep up to date with all our publications.
You can find us on Twitter, Faebook and Instagram.