Soups are very versatile dishes, and although we can include a multitude of ingredients, there is nothing better than simple and humble dishes. As is the case with this very simple recipe for migas soups. It is a perfect dish to take advantage of leftover bread, just like garlic soups, but even simpler if possible. Do not miss this breadcrumbs soups recipe if you want to prepare a simple, economical, but delicious dish.
This recipe is perfect for using leftover bread from the day before. You can either grate it yourself or add it in slices. Just as we used to do with garlic soups.
As we always say, in the kitchen you have to use your imagination. This soup is so simple that you can add many different ingredients to give it your personal touch. For example, diced ham, as we have done in the recipe, or even diced salmon, any other type of meat, or the vegetables that you like the most.
This way you will get a more hearty soup but just as simple.
If you like soups, don’t miss Tomato, Carrot and Ginger Cream Soup; also a very simple, humble and healthy dish. Or this delicious Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe.
How to make breadcrumbs soups recipe, a traditional soup made with breadcrumbs
To prepare these breadcrumb soups we are going to use breadcrumbs. So it is perfect to take advantage of the pieces of bread that we have left over. Remember never to throw away the stale bread, because you can cut it for crumbs, or, if it is too hard, grate it. This way you will avoid buying it when you need it.
If you are going to grate bread at home, ideally it should be a few days old, as it will be easier to grate it than if it is still soft.
When preparing this crumbs soup recipe, we are going to mix the bread with the cheese. You can add the cheese you like the most, and the amount will also depend on your taste. But remember that the more cheese you add, the thicker the soup will be.
Mix this mixture with the egg and beat it all together. When you are going to add it to the boiling water or broth, do it slowly, while stirring the soup vigorously. This way the egg will integrate correctly.
You can also substitute the water for broth, depending on the accompaniment you want to give to your soup, you can use chicken broth; or even seafood broth if you choose to add fish cubes or any other seafood to the soup.
Whatever you choose, it will be great.
breadcrumbs soups recipe, a traditional dish very little known
- 1/2 onion
- 75 g Bread crumbs
- 2 Eggs
- 600 ml Water (or broth, your choice)
- 40 g Grated cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Ham cubes
- We begin by mixing in a bowl the bread crumbs and the grated cheese. Mix well.Add the eggs and beat. Set aside.
- Chop the onion into fine julienne strips, and, in a pot, with a drizzle of oil, fry over low heat.Add a pinch of salt so that the onion releases all the juice when frying. This way we will get it to release more flavor. If you want to add some diced ham, do it when the onion is almost ready.
- When the onion begins to color, add the water and bring to a boil.When it starts to boil, add the egg and bread mixture that we had reserved in the bowl. At the moment of adding it, we will do it slowly and at the same time that we are moving quickly with a wooden spoon, so that the egg goes curdling slowly.
- Add a pinch of pepper and cook for a few more minutes. Now we have ready some delicious and simple migas soups.
Would you like to try these Breadcrumbs soups recipe at home?
This soup is perfect for a very light and comforting dinner. It is also a very simple dish to prepare. But you can also serve it as a first course at lunch.
Did you already know them? Remember to leave us your comments, ideas, opinions… We love to read them! And don’t forget to follow us on social networks to keep up to date with all our publications. You’ll find us on Twitter and Instagram.