In summer and with the heat, light and healthy dishes are what we crave the most. Healthy meals that do not take us too much time in the kitchen and that, in addition, we do not need to put the fires. The recipe we bring you today is perfect for this occasion. In addition, it is very healthy and very complete. Do not miss this great spinach, apple and Roquefort salad.
Spinach is a very beneficial food for our organism. It is very rich in fiber, and vitamins A, B1, B2, C, K. It has antioxidant properties and is perfect for slimming diets. They produce satiety and provide very few calories.
In addition, spinach promotes the functioning of the immune system.
Let’s see the Spinach, Apple and Roquefort Salad Recipe
You will see how easy it is to prepare this recipe. Although in the recipe we are going to prepare a very special vinaigrette, which will be spectacular with this salad, if you want to save time, you can dress it as you like. With a simple dressing of oil and vinegar it will also be spectacular.
Spinach, Apple and Roquefort Salad Recipe
- 200 g Baby Spinach
- 2 Apples
- 1 Piece Roquefort cheese
- 12 Cherrys tomatoes
- 1 Red Onion
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 50 ml Rice Vinegar
- Mixed nuts and dried fruit (to taste)
- Fresh aromatic herbs (to taste, e.g. thyme or chives)
- 1 Star anise
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 tsp Honey
- Let's start preparing the vinaigrette for our salad. First, in a saucepan add the rice vinegar with the star anise. Keep it over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. After that time, remove and cover. Let it infuse for another 10-15 minutes.
- In a mortar, we are going to put the nuts that we have chosen. Add the fresh herbs and, with a drizzle of oil, we crush everything very well. Add the lemon zest and mix.
- When the vinegar is ready and infused, add a little oil, a teaspoon of honey and the crushed nuts. Mix well.
- We continue with the salad. Cut the apples into wedges, not too fat and put them in a bowl. Add the juice of half a lemon and mix (this will prevent them from oxidizing and turning dark).
- Wash the spinach well, put it on a plate and add the apple, the chopped Roquefort cheese, the whole cherries and the finely julienned onion. Drizzle with the vinaigrette we had prepared, and that's it!
As you can see, it is a very simple recipe to make. In addition, the dried fruit vinaigrette gives it a spectacular and very rich flavor. In less than half an hour you will have your salad ready. It is a very good option to eat light and very healthy salads, but at the same time very rich in flavor.
If you liked the recipe, remember to leave us your comments. You can also follow us on Twitter and Instagram to keep up to date with all our publications.