Today we bring you a super easy to make and at the same time very healthy recipe: Sautéed chard with potatoes. In addition, it is a seasonal recipe. So cheer up and try this spectacular and quick recipe. This dish is very healthy, and it is a good way to eat vegetables.
It is perfect for a light dinner, because it is also very quick. And the touch of paprika gives it a super rich flavor.
You can modify it to your taste, adding if you want some diced ham in the sauce, or bacon. Remember that cooking is all about imagination.
Chard sautéed with potatoes recipe
You will see that the recipe is no mystery. First we start with the potatoes, which we have to cook so that they are tender.
We also have to cook the chard, you can also use the stalks in this recipe, or reserve them for other preparations. For example, breaded with egg and flour, and then fried, they are delicious.
When we have the potatoes and the chard cooked, we only have to sauté everything together, with a little paprika, and that’s it!
Sautéed Swiss chard with potatoes
- 1 Kg Chard
- 2 Potatoes
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 Onion
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Sweet Paprika
- We are going to start cooking the potatoes. We will cook them whole. To do this, first wash them very well under the tap, removing all the dirt they have. Make some cuts so that the salt gets in better.Put them in a pot with water and a dash of salt. Let them boil for about 15-20 minutes (until they are soft). It will depend on the size of the potatoes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, let's continue with the chard. We are going to cut the driest part of the end of the stalk, cutting a finger will be enough. We continue cutting them in two, leaving the leaves on one side and the stalks on the other.
- In a bowl with plenty of cold water, we are going to wash the chard. Help yourself with your hands to clean them very well.Cut both the stalks and the leaves into small pieces. But remember to do it separately.
- Now, put a pot of water on the fire, and when it starts to boil, add the stalks. Let them cook for 5 minutes. After that time, add the chard leaves. Let it cook again for 5 more minutes.
- After this time, take them out and let them drain well.
- Once the potatoes are ready, peel them and cut them into small cubes (to taste, some people prefer them bigger or smaller).
- Peel the garlic and cut into thin slices. The same with the onion, chop it very finely.
- Now, in a frying pan with a drizzle of oil and over medium heat, fry the garlic and onion. When they begin to take color, add the cut potatoes and the paprika.Cook again for 2 minutes over low heat.
- Add the chard, salt to taste and stir well. Let it cook again for about 5 minutes, over low heat. Stir from time to time.Your sautéed chard with potatoes is ready.
In addition to being a super healthy recipe and very simple and quick to make, chard, its main ingredient, has a multitude of properties. It is one of the vegetables that stands out for its high content of vitamins and minerals. Let’s take a look at some of them:
- They are a perfect ally to maintain optimal bone health.
- They help us to prevent cardiovascular diseases
- They are very good in slimming diets, thanks to their low caloric content.
- They take care of our immune system, which is reflected in our skin.
If you liked it, don’t forget to try this recipe for sautéed chard with potatoes and let us know how you like it, we love to read it!
You can also follow us on social networks to keep up to date with all our publications. You can find us on Twitter and Instagram.