Today we bring you a delicious stew: rice recipe with quails. Of all the game meats we can find, quail is one of my favorites. And it has a very soft and pleasant flavor, which makes it the perfect meat to make healthy and light stews, like this rice.
Its preparation is very simple, like other rice dishes, you can make it with water, or leave it soggy. As you like it best. This will depend only on the amount of water or broth that you add. We are going to make the rice with quails slightly brothy. Because the cold weather is coming and it is the most appetizing, at least at home.
And it is that rice goes well with everything. It is very useful and with this simple ingredient we get spectacular dishes.
Rice with Quails Recipe
To color this rice we are going to use turmeric. Using so little turmeric will not change the flavor of our rice, but it will give color in a much more natural and healthy way than if we use coloring. Another option is to add a few saffron threads.
Rice with Quail Recipe
- 4 Quail
- 250 g Rice
- 1 Onion
- 2 Tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 l chicken broth (or water)
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric
- We start by cutting the quails into pieces. Cutting them in quarters will be enough.Once cut, put a dash of oil in a pot, season the quails with salt and pepper and brown them when the oil is hot. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until you see that they are golden brown. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pot, fry the finely chopped onion and garlic. Cook for 15 minutes, over medium low heat.Meanwhile, grate the tomatoes. Add them when the onion starts to become transparent. Cook everything together for about 5 minutes.
- Then add the chopped quails, rice, turmeric or coloring and spices. Stir well and add the water or chicken broth. Bring to a boil and, once it starts to boil, lower the heat to medium.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, until the rice is ready. Serve.Now you have ready a delicious rice with quails.
What do you think about this rice with quails? Do you dare to try it? Remember to leave us your comments. And don’t forget to follow us on social networks to keep up to date with all our publications, such as Twitter and Instagram.