Lasagna is a type of pasta that consists of sheets of pasta, filled with any ingredient. You can find them with vegetables, fish, meat… This time we are going to see the recipe for homemade bolognese lasagna.
It is very common to find this food already prepared in the frozen food section. But it is really very easy to make. It just requires some patience to bake the sheets and then assemble the lasagna. But the difference is huge.
It is also a recipe that lasts perfectly from one day to another, unlike other pastas, so it is also ideal if you have to eat at work.
So I encourage you to try this delicious recipe at home, what better meal for a Sunday!
Let’s see the homemade Lasagna Bolognese Recipe
Homemade Lasagna Bolognese Recipe
- 18 lasagna sticks (you can buy them pre-cooked to make the recipe easier)
- Cheese for grating (emmental or mozzarella)
- Olive Oil
For the homemade bolognese sauce
- 400 g minced meat (I recommend mixed, but you can buy the one you like)
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 small glass white wine
- 200 g tomato sauce (or fried tomato)
- 50 ml milk
- Olive Oil
For the béchamel sauce
- 1/2 l milk
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Ground pepper
- If you have bought pre-cooked plates, simply soak them in water for about 10-15 minutes (depending on the brand you buy, the package will tell you how long they need).If they are uncooked, the manufacturer will also tell you how to cook them (add a little oil to the cooking water to prevent them from sticking, and add them to the water one at a time, stirring gently).
In the meantime, we are going to start preparing the bolognese sauce.
- Start by chopping the onion and the carrot very finely.In a frying pan, with a splash of oil, add the onion and the carrot and sauté them over medium heat until the onion starts to become transparent.Now add the minced meat and, with a spatula, mix it well with the rest of the ingredients. Add salt, pepper and oregano to taste.
- When the meat begins to change color, add the white wine and let it evaporate completely.Once the broth is gone, add the tomato and the milk, and let it cook for 20 minutes.
For the béchamel sauce
- In a saucepan, over low heat, put the butter. Once it has melted, add the flour and stir well with a whisk. Let it cook while stirring so that it doesn't burn, until the flour has a light toasted color; so that it doesn't taste like raw flour.
- Now, add the milk, previously tempered to avoid lumps with the flour, and continue stirring with the whisk so that it integrates well with the flour. Add the salt, ground pepper and nutmeg.Keep stirring until it thickens to taste. Once it has a creamy texture, take it off the heat. (If at the time of assembling the lasagna, it would have thickened more, add a little milk and mix well).
Now, let's assemble our lasagna.
- Start by putting the oven at about 200ºC while we assemble the lasagna to preheat it.Now, in an ovenproof dish, add a little béchamel sauce and spread it around the dish so that the pasta sheets do not stick, and place a base of the same to cover our mold.
- Cover with bolognese sauce (one third), cover again with pasta sheets and add bolognese. Repeat this process once more. We have to form 3 layers.In the last layer, cover again with pasta sheets and add the béchamel sauce. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top of the bechamel sauce and bake in the oven.
- Let it bake for about 15 minutes at 180ºC. When the cheese begins to brown, take it out and let it rest for about 5 minutes.
History of Lasagna
This popular dish is of Italian origin. They are the kings of pasta for a reason.
Its origins can be traced back to Ancient Greece.
Cicero himself (106 B.C. – 43 B.C.) already mentioned his passion for “Lagum”. This dish consisted of long strips of pasta, and appears in some of his philosophical writings. It is also believed that at that time the first machines had already been built to stretch the pasta to produce these thin sheet shapes.
Today it is one of the most popular foods worldwide. And we can fill it with any type of ingredient.
Therefore, I encourage you to try this delicious recipe with homemade bolognese sauce, or with the filling you like the most.
Don’t forget to leave your comments, doubts, advice… whatever you want! And tell us what you thought of this homemade lasagna bolognese recipe.
And remember that you can also follow us on Twitter and Instagram to keep up to date with all our publications.
If you liked it, take a look at these other typical Italian recipes, such as Recipe for Risotto Carbonara with cream or Vegetarian Mushroom Pizza Recipe.