Risotto is a typical Italian dish whose characteristic is the way the rice is cooked. It is very creamy and we can make risotto with any ingredient. Today we bring you the recipe for risotto carbonara; one of my favorites. To make this recipe we will use cream and bacon and mushrooms. Although it is laborious; since when making it in the traditional way we will have to move continuously) you will see how delicious it is and the texture so good that it acquires.
Risotto is a dish whose main ingredient is rice, and its main characteristic, the creaminess that this type of rice has, due to the way it is cooked. It is originally from Italy, although it has spread all over the world.
Surely you know that the original carbonara does not use cream in its preparation, but we will use it in this risotto.
Risotto Carbonara with cream recipe
Italian Risotto Carbonara Recipe
- 3 Cups risotto rice
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 Onion
- 1 Cups cured bacon
- 2 Cups Mushrooms
- 1 & 1/2 Cups cream
- 7 Cups chicken broth
- 1 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Ground pepper
- First we wash the mushrooms well. To do this, we will remove the soil they bring with a damp cloth. Once clean, cut them into slices.2 Cups Mushrooms
- We also chop the onion into small pieces and the bacon into strips.1 Onion, 1 Cups cured bacon
- In a high pot we put the butter (reserving a spoonful for the end of the recipe), to medium heat (we will maintain this fire during the whole process). When the butter has melted, add the onion and the bacon. Cook for about 10 minutes. Now add the mushrooms. Cook again for about 5 minutes, stirring from time to time and add the cream.3 tbsp butter, 1 Onion, 1 Cups cured bacon, 2 Cups Mushrooms, 1 & 1/2 Cups cream
- Add the rice and sauté it for a couple of minutes. After that time add a couple of glasses of hot chicken broth and continue stirring.3 Cups risotto rice
- From this moment on, we will not stop stirring our rice. When it runs out of broth, add another glass of broth. We will repeat the process until the rice is ready. When we only have one glass left, add the nutmeg, ground pepper and salt.(Even if you have run out of broth, taste the rice to check that it is ready, if it needs more broth add it repeating the process, little by little and stirring often, since the water varies slightly depending on the type of rice you use).7 Cups chicken broth, Ground pepper, Salt, Nutmeg
- Once the recipe is finished, turn off the heat and add the reserved butter. Stir well until it melts.Finish by adding the grated cheese and stirring until it melts. And it is ready to serve.1 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
One of the tricks of this recipe (applicable to all the ones you make) is to never be in a hurry while cooking. And for this recipe in particular, the trick is: move, move and move while our rice is cooking. It gets tiring, so if you can count on a kitchen chef to relieve you from time to time, all the better. Anyone would offer to help if they are going to eat a risotto afterwards.
To garnish each portion, you can sprinkle a pinch of grated cheese on top on each plate, and finish with a pinch of ground pepper.
Did you know that the first risotto recipe originated in northern Italy? Specifically in the Milan area, around the year 1574. Thanks to the arrival of this now widely used cereal from Asia in 1300.
More than 200 years later, in 1809, the definitive recipe appears in a recipe book published in Milan. The recipe is called “Riso Giallo in padella”; and in it the rice is cooked, previously sautéed in a sauce of butter and onion, and progressively the broth is added little by little.
There are countless types of risottos according to their ingredients, and as we already know, rice combines with practically everything, even with milk it creates one of the simplest and richest desserts in the world.