Do you like Chinese food? I love to go to Chinese restaurants from time to time and try new things. But even if we think they are complicated recipes, or with rare ingredients; most of the time it is not so. And we can prepare some of the most representative Chinese dishes with ingredients that we find in any supermarket. Today we bring you a typical recipe of this gastronomy: Chinese noodles with Shrimp recipe.
Noodles are a classic of Chinese gastronomy. Together with rice, it is a side dish that is almost never missing. And there are a thousand different recipes with them. It is also a very easy recipe to make.
If you want to prepare a 100% homemade Chinese meal, do not miss this recipe.
Along with noodles, noodles are a classic of the Chinese diet. We could date them back to 206 B.C., a time when they were already a staple food for the population.
Let’s see the recipe for Chinese Noodles with Shrimp
Chinese Noodles with Shrimp
- 2 Cup Noodles
- 1 Carrot
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp Ginger powde
- 1/2 Tbsp Cayenne powder
- 1 Cup Shrimp
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- White pepper
- We are going to start by cooking the noodles. We put a pot with plenty of water and a pinch of salt, and, when it starts to boil, add the noodles.Cook for ten minutes, stirring from time to time so that they do not stick together.2 Cup Noodles, Salt
- When they are cooked, drain the water well and let them rest.
- Let's prepare the rest of the ingredients. Chop the garlic well. Cut the onion, carrot and bell pepper into thin strips.1 Carrot, 1/2 Onion, 1 Clove Garlic, 1 Bell Pepper
- In a wok, with a drizzle of oil, over high heat, we will first add the garlic, when it begins to color slightly, add the rest of the vegetables. Add salt and pepper to taste and cook everything together for 4 minutes.
- Add the peeled shrimps and mix well. Cook everything together for a couple of minutes until the shrimp color.1 Cup Shrimp
- Add the noodles and soy. Add the ginger and cayenne (to taste), cook for a couple of minutes more and serve hot.The noodles with shrimp, Chinese style, are now ready.2 Cup Noodles, 1/2 Tbsp Ginger powde, 1/2 Tbsp Cayenne powder, 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce, White pepper
As you can see, it is a super simple recipe to make, do you dare to try it at home? In addition, as in almost all recipes, you can innovate by changing the ingredients to your liking and trying new mixtures. For example, try changing the shrimp for beef fillets cut into strips. Cook them in the wok before adding the vegetables. You will get a completely different recipe for these noodles – delicious!
Remember to leave us your comments. And, if you want to keep up to date with all our posts, remember to follow us on Twitter and Instagram so you don’t miss any recipe.
And if you want to see more Asian recipes, don’t miss this teriyaki chicken with rice recipe.