Today we bring you a delicious recipe to make original bacon and cheese hot dogs. We say that this is the definitive recipe because once you try them, you won’t want to make your hot dogs any other way. Its preparation is very simple but a little more elaborate than the classic hot dogs. In this recipe we will accompany our hot dog with bell pepper, onion and bacon, all cooked in the pan. And to finish off our hot dog, once we have the stuffing that will accompany the sausage, we will put on top a few spoonfuls of Mexican pico de gallo. ¡Don’t miss this bacon hot dogs recipe!
Bacon and Cheese Hot Dog Recipe
Bacon and Cheese Hot Dogs, the definitive recipe
For the hot dog
- 4 Hot Dog buns
- 4 Hot dog
For the Bacon and Cheese sautéed sauce
- 5 Oz bacon strips
- 1/2 red onion (The other half will be used to make pico de gallo)
- 1/2 bell pepper (The other half will be used to make pico de gallo)
- grated cheese
For Pico de Gallo
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1 Ripe tomato
- 1 Lime
First we are going to elaborate the pico de gallo
- It is very easy to make, just peel the tomatoes and chop them into very small cubes. Do the same with the rest of the ingredients. Chop the onion and bell pepper into small cubes. Add them in a bowl.Add the peeled cilantro, stir well to mix all the ingredients, add salt and pepper to taste and water it with the lime juice. Mix well again, and it is ready.1/2 red onion, 1/2 bell pepper, 1 Ripe tomato, Cilantro, 1 Lime, Salt, Pepper
Now let's go with the hot dog
- Chop the onion into small pieces, and the bell pepper in the same way, very finely chopped. Set aside.1/2 red onion, 1/2 bell pepper
- Put a frying pan on the fire and, when it is hot, put the sausages in it. Cook on the griddle to taste. When they are ready, put the sausages aside. In the same frying pan, toast the hot dog bread a little. Set aside.4 Hot dog, 4 Hot Dog buns
For the preparation of Bacon and Cheese:
- You can use the frying pan itself. Wipe it with a cloth or paper to remove any remaining bread crumbs. Add a drizzle of oil in the pan. When it is hot, add the bacon strips. Cook for a few minutes.5 Oz bacon strips
- After about 5 minutes, add the finely chopped onion and bell pepper. Sauté everything together until the onion and bell pepper are done, about 15-20 minutes over medium heat.1/2 red onion, 1/2 bell pepper
- After that time, turn off the heat and add the grated cheese (to taste). Stir it well so that it melts and mixes with all the ingredients.grated cheese
- Let's assemble the dog. Place the sausage on the bun and add our special bacon and cheese mixture on top.Add a handful of pico de gallo, ketchup and mustard and you're done!
Did you know this curious recipe for Bacon and Cheese Hot Dogs? I’m sure that as soon as you try it, it will become your favorite. In addition, the pico de gallo gives it a fresh touch that contrasts perfectly with the grilled onion, bell pepper and bacon, a great combination!
If you liked this recipe, remember to leave us your comments. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Instagram to keep up to date with all our posts.