Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day, as it provides us with the energy we need to start our day. If you are looking for a healthy and delicious option for your breakfast, kefir with chia and cinnamon may be the ideal choice. This nutritious and tasty dish combines the infinite probiotic benefits of kefir, the nutritional properties of chia seeds and the special touch of cinnamon. So don’t miss this great recipe for an original and very healthy breakfast of Kefir with chia and cinnamon.
Whether you already have kefir at home and drink kefir milk, or you are looking for delicious recipes to start including it in your diet, you will know that kefir is a great ally to maintain an iron health.
In addition, it is very versatile, and we can take it in many different ways. Well, just as today we will combine it with chia seeds to make a kind of more consistent yogurt, we can also take it in smoothie. As in this kiwi and kefir smoothie, also a perfect choice for breakfast or as a snack.
Recipe of Kefir with Chia and Cinnamon, a fantastic and complete breakfast.
To prepare this breakfast is the same if you take the kefir in the form of milk (that is to say, you add more milk in proportion to the kefir you have to make it drinkable); as if you take the kefir more curdled, as if it were yogurt. We can elaborate this breakfast in exactly the same way.
We simply mix the kefir milk with the chia seeds and add a pinch of cinnamon powder. Mix well and let it stand for at least 20 minutes, so that the chia absorbs the liquid and acquires a more gelatinous texture.
And you would already have ready a delicious breakfast of kefir with chia and cinnamon, which also has many properties and benefits, as we will see below.
You can take it simply as we propose in the recipe, or include many more ingredients. For example, you can add a little honey to make it sweeter. Or fruits, cereals, other seeds… After the recipe we will show you some variations of this fantastic breakfast. Now, let’s see step by step how to make this breakfast of kefir or kefir milk with chia seeds and cinnamon.
Kefir, chia and cinnamon breakfast
- 1 cup kefir
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- honey Optional, to taste
- In a bowl, mix the kefir, chia seeds and cinnamon powder. Mix well so that the chia seeds are evenly distributed
- Once ready, put it in the refrigerator and let it rest for at least 20 minutes. This way, the chia seeds will absorb the liquid from the milk.
- After that time, your delicious and healthy breakfast of kefir with cinnamon and chia seeds is ready..
Benefits of eating this great recipe for breakfast
If you remember, we already saw in detail all the benefits of kefir, or rather, kefir milk. Well, it is a very healthy natural probiotic, so it is a fantastic idea to start the day with it. But, in addition, chia is also a healthy seed. In fact, it is considered a superfood, and it is also very beneficial for our health. Here we saw all the properties of chia.
For all these reasons, if you are looking to start the day in the best possible way, this kefir, chia and cinnamon breakfast is your best option. Let’s see why:
- It is a recipe high in nutrients. Thanks to kefir, rich in probiotics, proteins, calcium and B vitamins; and chia, a source of fiber, Omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants, this combination is a fantastic supply of vitamins and nutrients essential for good health. Of course without forgetting the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant capacity of cinnamon.
- It is a great ally of our digestive system, improves digestion and, at the same time, strengthens our immune system. In addition, thanks to chia, it also favors a correct intestinal transit.
- It is an important source of energy.
- Being a very satiating breakfast, thanks to the fact that we let the chia absorb a lot of liquid from the milk, creating that gelatinous and filling texture; but containing very few calories, the kefir, chia and cinnamon breakfast is ideal for all those who are looking to lose weight or are following a slimming diet.
Some alternatives to the kefir, chia and cinnamon breakfast
As it is such a versatile recipe, we can customize it in many different ways, including countless ingredients to have, every day, a different, original and healthy breakfast.
- Sweeten your breakfast with honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar, or any other to give it a sweeter and more appetizing touch.
- Add nuts or other seeds. For example, almonds, walnuts, seeds, poppy seeds… To add a crunchy touch and extra protein.
- Fruits: add to your kefir, chia and cinnamon breakfast any fresh fruit you like. Cut into small pieces. For example, bananas, strawberries, blueberries….
- Other spices such as cardamom, ginger, a pinch of nutmeg, vanilla essence…
If you decide to include any of these extra ingredients, include them just before eating breakfast. That is, when it has already rested, so that it does not affect its texture.
And with this we finish this fantastic recipe for a super breakfast of kefir, chia and cinnamon, with which to enjoy all the benefits and properties of these fantastic ingredients. At the same time we have a delicious, nutritious and very easy to prepare breakfast.
If you liked it, remember to leave us your comments, ideas, tips… We love to read them! And don’t forget to follow us on social networks to keep up to date with all our publications. You can find us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram.