Today we are going to see a very simple recipe, the rice and chicken Recipe. You will see that making this delicious rice is not complicated at all, and the truth is that it turns out spectacular!
And the fact is that rice is a super grateful ingredient. It goes with everything, it is economical and it is always great. So don’t miss this delicious recipe that, as soon as you try it, will become one of your favorite dishes.
It is a very easy and traditional recipe. But with a spectacular and delicious result. Besides, it is made with ingredients that we all normally have in the fridge.
Rice and Chicken Recipe
This recipe is very simple. We are simply going to prepare a stir-fry with onion and other vegetables (you can try and add the ones you like the most).
We also have to cut the chicken into bite-sized cubes. Season it with salt and pepper and cook until it is toasted, set aside.
When we have the sofrito with the vegetables, add the chicken and the rice, cover with broth or water and cook until the rice is ready.
You can add a touch of color with a little turmeric or saffron. Your choice.
This recipe is a very typical dish of Mediterranean cuisine. And it is a very healthy option for the meal.
Rice and Chicken Recipe. A dish that always pleases
- 300 g chopped chicken
- 400 g rice
- 1 l chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100 g red bell pepper
- 100 g green bell pepper
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 5 g bell pepper pulp
- 150 ml white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- Crushed black pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 lemon (optional)
- We are going to begin by seasoning all the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and chopping the vegetables into small cubes, except the garlic, which we will use whole.We will use for this recipe a low frying pan (the biggest one we have).
- Add a dash of oil, the bay leaf, the whole garlic, peeled, and brown the chicken. Set aside.
- Now add the onion, peppers and a pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté until they are well poached.
- In the meantime, we are going to grate the tomatoes (you can also add them in small cubes). Add the grated tomatoes to the pan with the peppers. Add also a spoonful of chorizo bell pepper. Sauté it all together for another couple of minutes and add the white wine. Let the alcohol evaporate.
- Once the broth is gone, add the rice and sauté it for a minute, stirring constantly.Now add the chicken, mix well, and add 3 glasses of broth (reserve the rest in case it is needed). Turn up the heat so that it starts to boil. When it starts to boil, lower the heat and leave it for 15 minutes, now without stirring.
- Once finished, take it off the heat and let it rest covered with a kitchen towel for about 5 minutes.After that time, you can enjoy your delicious rice with chicken!Accompany it with a splash of lemon juice to give it a super special flavor.
If you liked this recipe, remember to leave us your comments, ideas, opinions… We love to read you! And don’t forget to follow us on social networks to keep up to date with all our publications. You can find us on Twitter and Instagram.