Baked ribs are so easy to make and always so tasty, that it is a safe bet for a meal with friends. But it is also a very versatile meat. We can make roasted ribs with a little salt or barbecue sauce, or we can prepare this spectacular ribs with homemade Jack Daniels sauce recipe. To elaborate this recipe we need quite a few ingredients. But don’t panic, because they are not complicated at all. And without a doubt, the result is worth it, you will leave all your guests surprised!
To get away from the classic dressing with oil and garlic, this time we propose you to bake them with Jack Daniels sauce. They will have nothing to envy to those of the famous restaurant that made them fashionable.
In addition, once you learn how to make homemade Jack Daniels sauce, you will use it for a multitude of recipes and meats, as it goes great with them.
Or even to accompany some simple French fries, it’s great!
Let’s take a look at this delicious recipe for Baked Ribs with Jack Daniels Sauce
I recommend that you marinate the ribs the night before, this way you will avoid rushing and they will get much more flavor.
And although you may think it takes a long time, due to the rest of the ribs and the slow way of roasting them in the oven so that they acquire that unique flavor; in reality there is nothing complicated about it.
We just need to organize ourselves well so that we have time for everything. Before starting the recipe, check the necessary times to be able to organize the recipe.
Ribs with homemade Jack Daniels sauce recipe
- 2 pork ribs (very meaty)
For the marinade for our ribs:
- 3 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tsp ground cayenne
- 1 Tsp dried thyme
- ground black pepper
- Olive oil
For the Jack Daniels sauce
- 150 ml Jack Daniels
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 400 ml Ketchup
- 70 ml apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Barbecue sauce
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 20 ml natural pineapple juice
- Crushed pepper
- Cayenne ground
- The first thing we have to do, bearing in mind that it needs to rest for at least 4 hours to get the flavor, is to marinate our ribs.Although I recommend that you marinate them the night before.
- The marinade is very simple. Just mix well all the ingredients we need for it, until you get a homogeneous paste and paint your ribs with a good layer of it.
- Once marinated, wrap them in plastic wrap, as tightly as possible, and put them in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.Although as we said before, if you can leave it prepared the night before, much better.
- Once our ribs are prepared with the marinade, we are going to make the homemade Jack Daniels sauce.
For the Jack Daniels sauce
- First, we are going to peel the onion and chop it into small pieces as small as possible (you can use a grinder if you have one, it will make your work much easier). Do the same with the garlic.Put them in a pot and add a little bit of Jack Daniels.When the onion starts to become transparent and the alcohol has evaporated, add the vinegar, ketchup, tomato, sugar, Perrins sauce, cayenne and salt, and put it over low heat.
- Add the sugar, the other splash of Jack Daniels, the pineapple juice (a splash, about 4 tablespoons) and the 4 tablespoons of barbecue sauce, mix well and let our sauce cook.Leave it on the heat for about 25 minutes until it has the right consistency. Once finished, pass it through the blender to get a homogeneous sauce and not to notice the pieces of onion or garlic.
- Now we have our Jack Daniels sauce ready. Let's go now with the ribs.
And finally, let's go with our ribs
- First, take them out of the fridge so that they can warm up.Preheat the oven for about ten minutes at 160ºC.Salt the ribs, add a little more ground black pepper if you want, and once the oven is hot, put them for an hour at 160ºC on the oven rack and well wrapped in aluminum foil.Place the tray underneath in case they release some broth.After the first hour, turn the oven up to 180ºC and leave them for another hour.
- After this time, take them out of the oven, open the foil packets carefully and check that they are tender.How can you tell? If the meat separates easily from the bone, they are tender.
- Place them on the tray. Paint them well with our homemade Jack Daniels sauce that we had prepared and leave them for about ten minutes painted with the sauce again in the oven.And now you have your delicious ribs with homemade Jack Daniels sauce ready. Serve them with more sauce in a bowl, for those who want to dip.
Would you like to try these great barbecued ribs with Jack Daniels sauce? No doubt, you will love them.
And, before you go, don’t miss these other great recipes to prepare ribs like the classic Barbecue Ribs.
If you liked it, remember to leave us your comments, ideas, tips… We love to read you! And don’t forget to follow us on social networks to keep up to date with all our publications. You can find us on Twitter and Instagram.