The potato and tuna salad is a classic dish that combines the smoothness of potatoes with the intensity of canned tuna. It’s perfect to enjoy during hot summer days, whether as a refreshing side dish for an outdoor meal or as a light and simple main course. Today, we will present you with a step-by-step recipe to prepare this delicious salad, as well as some variations that you can try to add your personal touch. Keep reading to discover how to delight your taste buds with this irresistible combination of flavors!
And when the good weather arrives, salads become a must in our kitchen. They are very easy to make, requiring very little time. And besides, it’s what we crave the most – light, healthy, and refreshing dishes. Perfect for this season.
So, if you want to explore more salad options for this summer, take a look at this Tuna Tarantelo Salad, one of the easiest to prepare, or the Arugula and Crushed Tomato Salad. Both are wonderful and complete salads.
Potato and Tuna Salad Recipe
Preparing this potato and tuna salad is very simple. We just have to boil the potatoes and add the rest of the ingredients we want to include. Remember to boil the potatoes in advance so that the salad is cold when it’s time to eat.
We have chosen to add tuna, the other main ingredient, which we will add in canned form. This makes our recipe even easier. Additionally, we will include an onion, bell pepper, olives, tomatoes, and the dressing of our choice.
In this case, we will dress it simply with a little salt, vinegar, and oil. However, you can opt for a vinaigrette, a sauce, or the option you prefer.
And that’s how simple it is to prepare this recipe. Let’s go through the step-by-step process:
Potato and Tuna Salad
- 4 potatoes medium-sized
- 200 g canned bonito
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 red onion small
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives
- Olive oil
- Fresh parsley
- Start by cooking the potatoes. Wash them thoroughly to remove any dirt, then place them in a pot with cold water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat for about 20-25 minutes, or until they are tender but still firm when pierced with a fork. The cooking time may vary depending on the size of the potatoes. Once cooked, allow them to cool, peel them, and cut them into cubes. Transfer them to a large bowl.
- Next, add the drained bonito to the bowl. Also, add the onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, and olives, all diced.
- Season with a pinch of salt, a drizzle of vinegar and olive oil to taste. Add some fresh parsley. Mix everything together, and you now have a wonderful potato and tuna salad.
Variations of the Salad
- Mediterranean version of the potato and tuna salad: With this fancy name, we can create a wonderful Mediterranean version by simply adding cherry tomatoes (or rather, replacing regular tomatoes) and crumbled feta cheese.
- With avocado: Adding an avocado will bring a lot of creaminess to this salad.
- Potato and tuna salad with fresh herbs: Experiment with different fresh herbs like cilantro, dill, or mint to add new aromas and nuances to the salad.
And with that, we finish our potato and tuna salad recipe. It’s a refreshing and tasty option to enjoy on hot summer days. If you liked the recipe, remember to leave us your comments, ideas, tips… We love hearing from you! You can also follow us on social media to stay up to date with all our publications. You can find us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.