Salads are a must every summer. Well, the good weather arrives and we are looking for simple, refreshing and light recipes. And salads fulfill all this to perfection. In addition, even if we have nothing prepared we can always improvise a salad with what we have in the fridge or in the pantry. So, to make a difference in our salads, today we propose a great and delicious dressing very different from the classics: Mustard Vinaigrette. A simple way to enhance all the flavor of your salads.
A simple dressing can make the difference between any salad and a unique dish that catches everyone’s attention. Besides, it won’t take us any time to elaborate a different and more original dressing. In just a few minutes we will have it ready. And I assure you that it is worth it. Besides, we can always give it our personal touch by adding other different ingredients, let your imagination run wild and add other condiments for a more personalized vinaigrette!
Mustard Vinaigrette Recipe
To make this vinaigrette we will only need a drizzle of oil, vinegar, salt and, of course, mustard, as it will be the base of our vinaigrette. And the one responsible for the powerful and authentic flavor of this dressing.
We can use the mustard we want, always bearing in mind that it will modify the flavor of our vinaigrette. We have chosen Dijon mustard, but you can use any other.
We will need a small airtight jar, which will be where we mix all the ingredients. Once we add all the ingredients of our vinaigrette, we close the jar tightly and shake vigorously. Until all the ingredients have been integrated with each other. You will see that it becomes a more opaque and uniform color, because we have to shake very well until the oil has mixed with both the vinegar and the mustard. This is how simple it is to prepare this mustard vinaigrette. Even so, let’s take a look at the step by step.
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
A very versatile dressing
As we said, this mustard vinaigrette is a very versatile dressing. We can use it in a multitude of dishes, in addition to dressing salads. Although this is its main function. Let’s see some uses for this delicious dressing:
- In salads. We can use it to dress salads of all kinds, such as pasta, with vegetables, fruits… In short, with all kinds of salads.
- For sandwiches: Did you know that we can also use this vinaigrette to dress sandwiches of all kinds? Drizzle a little vinaigrette on the bread and finish preparing the sandwich with your favorite ingredients.
- We can also use the mustard vinaigrette to marinate both meat and fish before cooking. For example, spread it on meat (chicken, pork, etc.) or fish (salmon is great) and let it sit for an hour or two before cooking. You will see that it brings a unique and delicious flavor.
- And, although it is not the last use we can give it, let’s finish with roasted vegetables. This vinaigrette is ideal to give more flavor to our vegetables, whether roasted, baked, steamed, grilled … In addition, it is a very healthy way to further enhance its flavor.
As you can see, mustard vinaigrette is a versatile and delicious accompaniment that can transform your dishes into something special. With its unique combination of flavors, this sauce adds a touch of tanginess and creaminess to salads, sandwiches, meats and more. So, if you liked this recipe, remember to leave us your comments, ideas, tips… We love to read them! And don’t forget to follow us on social networks to keep up to date with all our publications, you can find us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram.