We continue to expand our collection of more summery and refreshing recipes with this Melon Gazpacho. We can make gazpacho with all kinds of ingredients, so we will never get bored of this fantastic and healthy cold soup. In addition, in the variant that we propose today, we combine the sweetest and most refreshing touches of summer, because, as the main ingredient we use melon. A classic for the hottest days.
But, before starting with the recipe, if you like these fantastic and healthy cold soups so typical of Mediterranean gastronomy, don’t miss these other versions: Strawberry Gazpacho recipe, Cherry Gazpacho or Apricot Gazpacho Recipe. You will love them!
Melon Gazpacho Recipe
Like any other gazpacho, these preparations are very simple. We simply have to grind the ingredients very well and, if we want it to be softer, once it is grinded, strain it to make it more homogeneous. Something that I recommend, whether you are going to serve it as a drink or as a cold soup with croutons.
For the melon gazpacho, we will use a ripe melon. Use the variety you like best. But, keep in mind that the final flavor will depend on it. In addition to the melon, we will include cucumber, bell pepper, onion, garlic and the classic dressing of vinegar, oil and salt. In addition to the water so that it remains liquid. Regarding the water, add the amount you want, depending on the texture you prefer,
When you have the gazpacho ready, keep it in the fridge for at least a couple of hours. These preparations are better the colder they are served.
- 1 melon
- 1 cucumber
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- water Approximately 1-2 cups , to taste
- mint leaves
- Start by peeling the melon. Cut it into slices to facilitate the task, remove the seeds and remove the skin. Cut it into bite size pieces to make it easier to mash and put it in the blender.
- Add the cucumber, peeled and chopped. Also the bell pepper, onion and garlic. Add the water, a dash of oil, vinegar and a pinch of salt.
- Mash very well until you get a homogeneous texture. Now, if you want a smoother result, you can strain it to make it completely liquid. It will have a more pleasant texture. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve, and garnish with a few mint leaves.
What do you think of this great Melon Gazpacho recipe? Do you dare to try it? If you liked it, remember to leave us your comments, ideas, tips… We love to read them! And don’t forget to follow us on social networks to keep up to date with all our publications. You can find us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram.