Although cooking is a pleasure for many, for others, perhaps not so much. And many times we end up cooking out of obligation, quickly and without much desire. It has happened to all of us at some time not knowing what to do, or not having enough time. And we go for the easy way, we go for convenience food or we make quick meals that don’t take much time. Therefore, today we are going to see how to improve a soup.
You can use these tips whether you make the soup with a stock pot, or if you make a soup from a sachet. You will see that it will not take too much time and the result will be much tastier.
Whether you are going to make the soup with a brick of broth and some noodles, or if you prefer to use a sachet, here are some tips to make it much richer and without wasting a minute more than it would cost you to make it as usual.
Besides, with the cold weather, this dish becomes a typical of our dinners. There is no house in which, at least once a week, we have soup for dinner. And although they are less healthy than a homemade one, with the broth made by yourself, there is nothing wrong with going easy from time to time.
How to improve a quick soup? Tips for a better result
Let’s see a few tricks to make them perfect and not taste like the typical envelope soup. You can use the tip you want, or the ones you want. You can combine them as you like.
- Before adding the broth, sauté diced ham or bacon in a drop of oil. They will give your soup a touch of color and much more flavor, in addition to providing protein. It will be great!
- If you opt for a sofrito before preparing your soup, you can also make it with onion, tomato, carrot… Adding your touch of fresh vegetables to your soup will give it a delicious flavor, in addition to the extra benefits that these vegetables offer us. Or you can mix all these with ham or bacon!
- Add a boiled egg. The soup is very good if we add, once it is done, a boiled egg in small pieces.
Add a little cumin. A few minutes before the noodles are done, add a little crushed cumin. You can also add a handful of chickpeas (if you have cooked, or if not from a jar). With the cumin they make a spectacular mixture.
- If you have mushrooms at home, you can add a few sliced mushrooms to the broth once it starts to boil.
- If you like cheese, another option to improve a soup is to add a little bit of grated cheese to give it a creamier touch.
- You can also add croutons of fried bread once your soup is ready. I serve them separately, so that everyone can add them as they please, so they don’t get too soggy and lose their crunchy touch.
And that’s the end of our tips on how to improve a soup. If you liked it, don’t forget to leave your comments, and you, what tricks do you have to give a “more homemade” touch to your quick soups?
You can also follow us on Twitter and Instagram to keep up to date with all our publications.