Pates are very useful for snacking, to give a creamy touch to your sandwiches; and even essential for celebrations and parties, since we can use them to make delicious canapés and very original appetizers. And, in addition, if they are pâtés made by yourself like this homemade smoked or marinated salmon pate, even better. Since they are much healthier and the result will be much more spectacular.
Salmon pate has a very pleasant mild flavor, it is also light and combines perfectly with a multitude of ingredients: from all kinds of cheeses, fruits such as avocado, orange, apples, tomatoes, melon… It goes well with a multitude of different sauces and practically with any vegetable with which you want to accompany it. So don’t miss this great homemade smoked or marinated salmon pate.
Marinated Salmon Pate Recipe
But let’s start with the salmon. To prepare this salmon pâté we will need smoked salmon, which we can buy already prepared in any store; or marinated salmon. The latter can also be bought, but it is very easy to make at home.
Here are two options if you want to marinate the salmon yourself:
- Marinated salmon, basic recipe: A very simple recipe in which we only need sugar and salt. Then, the salmon must rest between 12 and 36 hours with the marinade.
- Or a more original option: Salmon Gravlax or marinated with beet. A typical Swedish marinade where we will use some more ingredients, such as beet, vodka and brown sugar; in addition to citrus fruits. This marinade results in a spectacular salmon with a very strong reddish color. So for special occasions, it is a triumph. Even to prepare this pate, because it will be a pate with a very striking color.
Homemade smoked or marinated salmon pate
- 200 g Smoked or Marinated Salmon
- 1 can Tuna in oil
- 50 g Cream cheese
- The recipe to make this homemade tuna pate is very simple. To do this we will simply put all the ingredients in a blender or blender glass.200 g Smoked or Marinated Salmon, 50 g Cream cheese
- Add the well-drained tuna. Beat until it is a smooth and homogeneous cream (depending on the accessory you use, there may be a small piece of salmon left uncrushed, but it is not a problem).Your homemade salmon pâté is now ready.1 can Tuna in oil
Where to use salmon pate?
Salmon pate, like marinated salmon itself, is a very versatile food. You can use it to make delicious sandwiches, accompanying them with the ingredients you like the most. Some of the best combinations are arugula, avocado, tomatoes?
Another option is to use it in your canapés, appetizers or toasts. You can serve toasts simply with pate, or accompany them with any other ingredient you like.
As you can see, its preparation is very simple and will take you practically no time at all. If you liked it, remember to leave your comments, and don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Instagram to keep up to date with all our publications.