Gingerbread cookies are a type of spicy cookie, very typical throughout Europe, especially at Christmas time. They are delicious cookies with a peculiar flavor thanks to the ginger; and that crunchy texture that already makes these cookies spectacular. Although they are very typical of Christmas (you will find them everywhere with different Christmas shapes) you can prepare them at any time of the year. They are the ideal accompaniment to coffee, especially if you have guests. So if you want to surprise everyone with a simple but delicious sweet, don’t miss this recipe for ginger and cinnamon cookies.
Ginger Cinnamon Cookies Recipe
To make these cookies we will need molds with the shape we want. If you don’t have cookie cutters, you can cut them with the help of the edge of a glass; or by making a provisional mold with a cardboard to later cut the dough with a knife with the help of your cardboard mold.
Ginger Cinnamon Cookies
- 260 g Flour
- 150 g Butter
- 100 g Brown sugar
- 5 g Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 Pinch Salt
- We start by putting the sifted flour in a bowl, together with the brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg and add it to the previous mixture. Mix.Add the butter (at room temperature, remember to take it out of the refrigerator one hour before, or give it a heat in the microwave but do not let it melt). Mix again until a homogeneous dough is obtained.
- Then we start to knead with our hands. About 10 minutes. We make a ball with the dough, wrap it well in plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- After this time, flour the work surface where we are going to work the dough. We stretch it and with the help of a rolling pin we leave it with a thickness of about half a centimeter.
- Then, cut the dough with the molds or with the help of a glass, with the desired shape.We put them on the baking tray on parchment paper, and bake at 180ºC for about 15-20 minutes, until you see them well browned on the outside.
- After that time, when they are ready, take them out of the oven and let them cool on the oven rack so that they are nice and crispy. Your wonderful gingerbread cookies are ready.
Preparing homemade gingerbread cookies is a good entertainment if you make them with the little ones at home. The fun is guaranteed by letting your imagination run wild and making cookies of all kinds and shapes.
If you liked Ginger and Cinnamon Cookies, I’m sure you will also like these other sweet recipes that are very easy to make: Traditional Apple pie recipe; Lemon Bars Recipe; or these original Homemade churros Recipe, a typical Spanish recipe for a very simple and economical sweet.
And with this, we say goodbye. Remember to leave us your comments, ideas, opinions? We love to read you! And don’t forget to follow us on social networks to keep up to date with all our publications. You can find us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.