Salads with fruit are very versatile options for a first course or a light dinner. We also have many options to make delicious fruit salads. Like this one we are going to see today: Fig and goat cheese salad recipe.
Goat cheese is a cheese with a strong flavor, but delicious at the same time. And it looks great in our salads, especially when combined with fruit. In addition we can include it in the salad both hot and cold. If we want to add the goat cheese hot, we simply cook it for a few minutes in a frying pan.
Figs and Goat Cheese Salad recipe
Let’s see how to make this simple salad, which we will have ready in just a few minutes. As with all recipes, try adding new ingredients or swapping some for others. Remember that in the kitchen, you have to use your imagination.
Figs and goat cheese salad
- 4 Oz Lettuce To your liking, you can use mixes
- 6 Figs fresh figs
- 3 Oz Goat Cheese
- 1 small handful Walnuts
- 1 small handful Dried cranberries
- 1 small handful Pumpkin seeds
For the dressing
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Lemon (juice)
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Honey
- Salt and pepper To taste
- Fig and goat cheese salad is very easy to make. First we wash the lettuce we have chosen. We drain the water well and cut it into strips. Reserve in a bowl.4 Oz Lettuce
- Peel the figs with a sharp knife. But if the skin is not very thick, we can serve them with skin, in that case we wash them well under the tap and add them to the bowl with the lettuce, cutting them into four portions each.6 Figs
- Cut the goat roll into medallions, not too thick. Add them to the bowl. Also add a handful of dried cranberries (you can substitute them for raisins if you prefer), the walnuts and the pumpkin seeds.3 Oz Goat Cheese, 1 small handful Walnuts, 1 small handful Dried cranberries, 1 small handful Pumpkin seeds
For the dressing
- In a small bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and honey. Mix well until the honey has integrated with the rest of the ingredients. Add salt and ground pepper to taste.4 tbsp Olive oil, 1 Lemon, 1/2 tsp Mustard, 1 tsp Honey, Salt and pepper
- Dress the salad and mix well.And now you have your delicious seasonal salad ready. I recommend that you dress it just when you are going to serve it.
Benefits of Figs
This fig and goat cheese salad, besides being very attractive and delicious, is very healthy. Figs are a fruit with a multitude of properties and benefits.
For example, they are rich in carbohydrates, which provide energy. They also have antioxidants and minerals such as potassium, magnesium and calcium, for a perfect functioning of the body, helping to control blood pressure.
A regular consumption of figs provides us with fiber, essential for a correct intestinal transit.
They are also rich in provitamin A, with antioxidant action, which prevents aging and helps to cope with degenerative diseases.
Did you know that…
Figs are not really fruits, but inverted flowers. They bloom in a dark pod, which is what we know as a fig.
If you liked this delicious fig and goat cheese salad recipe, don’t forget to leave your comment and your rating.
Remember that you can also follow us on Twitter and Instagram to keep up with our recipes.
If you liked this fig and goat cheese salad, don’t miss this other Mango and jerky salad recipe.