This Pizza is one of the most popular pizzas of all. Surely you all love a good homemadepizza. Especially if it is fresh out of the oven, warm and with a homemade dough. So, for all of you, we bring you the recipe for homemade barbecue pizza. This pizza is made with minced meat and fried onions. It turns out spectacular and delicious, especially if you make it with your own homemade barbecue sauce. It is a perfect option to make a spectacular homemade pizza that is sure to please everyone. Especially meat lovers will love it.
Although this pizza is delicious, don’t miss the four-cheese pizza, another easy-to-prepare delicacy.
Homemade Barbecue Pizza Recipe
Barbecue Pizza recipe
For the dough
- 3 cup Strong Flour (300 grams)
- 1 Yeast sachet
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 cup Water (200 ml)
For the Barbecue Pizza
- 5 Oz Minced meat
- 1/2 Onion
- 3 Oz Bacon
- 1 Cup Tomato Sauce
- grated cheese
- Barbecue Sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
For the dough
- Let's start with the base: Put the flour in a large bowl. Add the yeast and salt. In this mixture, make a well in the flour (leave a hole in the center), and there, add the warm water and olive oil, start mixing with a wooden spoon until you get a soft dough that will be quite wet. Place the mixture on a clean surface previously covered with flour (this way we avoid that the dough sticks to us, so pour flour also on your hands). Knead for 5 minutes until smooth. When the dough no longer sticks (if it sticks too much, add a little more flour until the dough does not stick too much) make a ball with the dough, put it back in the bowl and cover it with a kitchen towel. Set aside. You can let the dough rise (let it rest for half an hour) if you want the dough to be thicker and fluffier.3 cup Strong Flour, 1 Yeast sachet, 2 cup Water, Salt, 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- Now we have to knead a little. Separate the dough into two balls and continue kneading. On a floured surface, spread the dough and start kneading. You must knead until the dough has tension, that is, the dough returns to its original shape. This is how it should be. With a rolling pin, shape it. The dough should be very thin because it will rise in the oven. Place the dough on the baking sheet on a baking paper to prevent it from sticking to the baking sheet.
For the Barbecue Pizza
- Once the dough is ready, we continue with the recipe. Peel and chop the onion. Put a little olive oil in a frying pan and fry the onion until it starts to become transparent. Add the minced meat. Cook the meat for about 10 minutes together with the onion, overmedium heat, until it gets colored. Add a dash of Worcestershire sauce and mix.5 Oz Minced meat, 1/2 Onion, Worcestershire sauce
- Continue cooking until there is no sauce left.When the meat is done and there is no sauce left, add a splash of barbecue sauce, to taste, and cook again for a couple of minutes.Barbecue Sauce
- When themeat is ready, cover the pizza dough with tomato sauce and a little barbecue sauce. Spread well and cover with grated cheese.1 Cup Tomato Sauce, Barbecue Sauce, grated cheese
- Incorporate the meat and onion, spreading them all over the pizza.Finish with some bacon strips and a little more grated cheese.
- Bake thepizza for about 12 minutes, at 350ºF.3 Oz Bacon
This recipe is one of the most popular in the United States. It originated when, after World War II, American soldiers returned with some European culinary customs, such as pizza, (specifically from Italy).
In addition, at that time, Worcestershire sauce, the precursor of barbecue, was very popular in the United States. These two foods, so popular at the time, were soon combined, thus giving birth to this delicious pizza.
If you liked the recipe, remember to leave us your comments and rate the recipe. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Instagram to keep up to date with all our posts. If you dare to prepare this recipe, you can also tag us in your social media posts to show us the result.