Fish recipes are a healthy option when we want to take care of our diet. In addition, if they are like the recipe we propose today, you will have, in a matter of minutes, a delicious dish full of flavor. Many of you already know that one of our favorite fish is salmon. But to try something new and change it up a bit, today we’re going with another somewhat similar one. So don’t miss this recipe for baked marinated trout. A dish that, with minimal effort, will have an unbeatable result.
Trout is a fish loaded with vitamins and nutrients. So it is a very good idea to include it regularly in our diet. But it also has a delicious flavor. It is from the same family as salmon, one of our favorite fish. So, if you like it too, don’t miss this Baked Salmon with Orange Guacamole recipe.
Recipe for Baked Trout in Adobo Sauce
This recipe is very simple. Like all baked dishes, as well as being easy, it is a very healthy dish. And, thanks to the marinade, it will also have a much more enhanced flavor.
For this preparation we will only have to mix the spices with the soy sauce and the lemon juice, and spread this mixture on the trout loins.
When baking, we will wrap them in aluminum foil. We will also put a bed of potatoes and sliced onions, as a garnish. This way we will have a very complete dish. Although remember to start baking the potatoes and onions a little earlier than the trout. It needs more time.
Marinated Baked Trout Recipe
- 2 Trout
- Garlic Powder
- 1 Pinch Ginger Powder
- 1 Tbsp Sesame
- 100 ml Soy Sauce
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 Onion
- Extra virgin olive oil
- We start by making the marinade. In a bowl, we mix the soy, garlic powder, oregano, pepper, sesame, ginger and lemon juice.
- With this mixture we paint the trout loins. Wrap each one in plastic wrap making a small package as airtight as possible. Let stand between 10 and 15 minutes. Meanwhile, continue with the garnish.
- Peel the potatoes and onions. Cut both into slices and place them in an ovenproof dish. Season to taste with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little oil. Bake in the oven at 180ºC while the trout rests for 10 minutes in the marinade.
- After 10 minutes, remove the tray with the potatoes and onion and place the trout parcels on top with aluminum foil. Continue baking, now at 120ºC for approximately 20 minutes.
- After this time, check that the potatoes and trout are well cooked, and serve on each plate a trout loin with a few potatoes and onion slices. Now you have a wonderful marinated trout dish ready.
As you have seen, this fantastic recipe is very simple; and, as soon as you try it, you will love it, no doubt! Besides, it is a super healthy dish. Perfect if you want to watch your figure or if you are on a slimming diet. Simply replace the potato garnish with sautéed vegetables, such as green beans or asparagus.
Other options as a garnish for baked marinated trout is to accompany it with a rich mashed potato, which combines perfectly with the fish. Or serve it with some white rice, which you can drizzle with the broth from the marinated salmon after baking. You can also include some toasted sesame seeds in the rice garnish.
What do you think of this fantastic recipe?
Would you like to try it at home? Remember that, in the kitchen, it’s all about imagination. So you can innovate with the marinade, adding or removing ingredients to your liking.
If you liked it, remember to leave us your comments, ideas, tips… We love to read them! You can also follow us on social networks to keep up to date with all our publications. You can find us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram.