In summer, salads are undoubtedly the most popular dishes. Refreshing and light meals, perfect for this time and that, in addition, are prepared in a jiffy. A very simple salad for which we need very few ingredients, but where this garlic and cumin dressing will make the difference. Do not miss this arugula and crushed tomato salad with a spectacular dressing.
But this salad is not only limited to the hottest days. It is a perfect starter or first course for any time of the year. Because, although in winter we feel like more hearty dishes, we must not forget the healthy salads.
Arugula and crushed tomato salad with garlic and cumin dressing recipe
For this recipe we will use crushed tomatoes, from a jar. But you can perfectly grind yourselves a few tomatoes if you have a tomato grinder. It will be very good.
The rest of the ingredients you will see that they are very simple, therefore, you can innovate as you like and add or remove ingredients as it suits you.
But undoubtedly, the best of this salad is the combination of the broth of the crushed tomato mixed with the garlic and cumin dressing. You will finish eating the salad with a spoon so as not to leave anything on the plate.
Let’s see step by step how to make this simple recipe:
Arugula and crushed tomato salad with garlic and cumin dressing
For the Salad
- 200 g Arugula
- 100 ml Crushed Natural Tomato
- 1 Cucumber
- 1/2 Green Pepper
- 1/2 Chives
For the Dressing
- 4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Pinch Cumin (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
For the salad
- We will begin by preparing our salad. To do this, we wash the arugula leaves very well. Cut them into pieces if they are too big and put them aside in a bowl.
- Add the crushed tomato and the cucumber, previously peeled and cut to taste.
- Chop the bell pepper and the spring onion and add them to the bowl. Mix well.
We continue with the garlic and cumin dressing.
- Peel the garlic, cut them in two or three pieces to make it easier to crush them. We put them in the mortar.
- We also add the cumin, a drizzle of oil (about a tablespoon) and a pinch of salt (if you have coarse salt, the better, as this way the oil will not splash so much).
- Crush well, being careful not to splash with the oil, until it begins to be whitish. Once ready, mix with the rest of the oil and dress our salad with the mixture. Now we have a great arugula and tomato salad with a spectacular dressing.
As you can see, the Arugula and tomato salad recipe is very simple, do you dare to try it at home?
Besides, it is a very healthy, light and complete dish. And, if you are not a salad person, I recommend you to try this one, because you will love it.
If you liked it, remember to leave us your comments, ideas, tips, opinions… We love to read them!
And don’t forget to follow us on social networks to keep up to date with all our publications. You can find us on Twitter and Instagram.